Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
44 44

44,205 posts in this topic

3,391 posts
1 hour ago, circumstances said:

Beautiful! I want one! They will scan it in the slab and send you the scan?

I think it was $5 per book.  They email it to you when the book is shipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
831 posts
5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I think it was $5 per book.  They email it to you when the book is shipped.

Pretty cool.

Had no idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,371 posts
Posted (edited)

Number 2 on the new Overstreet Top Ten in SCI-FI list...a 'True Remainder" blue ink and all!

 

IMG  MYSTERY IN SPACE  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,162 posts
On 7/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, path4play said:

Back from CGC today.  I don't know, I'm thinking a crack and press for re-submission?

img02507012019.jpg

 

So, did you read it before getting it graded? Did Cap win the election? And how many votes are in there in Dayton, Ohio? hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,162 posts
On 7/18/2019 at 4:50 PM, circumstances said:
On 7/18/2019 at 4:44 PM, comicquant said:

I think it was $5 per book.  They email it to you when the book is shipped.

Pretty cool.

Had no idea!

I think there's a box you can check on the submission form. The scans used to be small and fuzzy. Looks like they've greatly improved them, which makes me think I might start doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,668 posts
16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think there's a box you can check on the submission form. The scans used to be small and fuzzy. Looks like they've greatly improved them, which makes me think I might start doing it. 

:gossip: shhhhh

Wouldn't want them to go back to the small and fuzzy ones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,162 posts
Just now, sagii said:
18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think there's a box you can check on the submission form. The scans used to be small and fuzzy. Looks like they've greatly improved them, which makes me think I might start doing it. 

:gossip: shhhhh

Wouldn't want them to go back to the small and fuzzy ones 

Maybe it was just me who got the small and fuzzy ones. They may have been sending me a message. (The message being to submit higher priced books!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,055 posts
54 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

So, did you read it before getting it graded? Did Cap win the election? And how many votes are in there in Dayton, Ohio? hm

Lol - I like this book so much I actually have another un-slabbed copy - its probably in 8.5-9.0 range.  I have yet, however to read it either:slapfight:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,391 posts
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think there's a box you can check on the submission form. The scans used to be small and fuzzy. Looks like they've greatly improved them, which makes me think I might start doing it. 

This was the first time I’ve had them done and for the same reason.  The image quality definitely used to be fairly poor.  I’m happy with these and will likely have more scanned in the future.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,162 posts

Kind of odd that this run was a quarterly from its start in 1942 through the end of 1945. Then, with the war over, it converted to bi-monthly through end of its run in 1949. You might think it would have been the other way around. hm

RADA8C9E20181226_161015.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,036 posts
8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of odd that this run was a quarterly from its start in 1942 through the end of 1945.

Wartime paper rationing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,439 posts
  • 14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

"Kind of odd that this run was a quarterly from its start in 1942 through the end of 1945."

  • 5 hours ago, adamstrange said: "Wartime paper rationing."

I'm curious, Sqeggs, as to why you thought it might be the other way around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,162 posts
9 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Wartime paper rationing.

Good point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,162 posts
3 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:
  • 14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

"Kind of odd that this run was a quarterly from its start in 1942 through the end of 1945."

  • 5 hours ago, adamstrange said: "Wartime paper rationing."

I'm curious, Sqeggs, as to why you thought it might be the other way around?

Well S&K created it as a WW II book. You might think it would have been more popular then than it would have been after the war ended. But I forgot that DC might not have been able to issue it as a bi-monthly during the war because of rationing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
44 44