• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,438 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Great angle perspective cover by Biro ... 'How the deuce' did he come up with that one?

I “accumulate” clock covers. That is one of my favorites.

Biro was a master. VERY underrated. His stuff always grabs you and makes you want to open the cover. He sold a LOT of comics back in the day.

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I “accumulate” clock covers. That is one of my favorites.

Biro was a master. VERY underrated. His stuff always grabs you and makes you want to open the cover. He sold a LOT of comics back in the day.

The few covers with clocks in my collection are all second hand.  

SDCC pick-up.  PRIZE may not be the most sought after GA title, but the art ...covers and interiors... is stellar, with a range of interesting characters popular enough to snag solo feature books. Note: Sorry about the iPad image.  When back home in Ft. Worth I’ll take a proper HP scan and perform the perfunctory label edit...

edited-image_zpspp6leeqf.png

Edited by Cat-Man_America
New HP scan!

11 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

SDCC pick-up.  PRIZE may not be the most sought after GA title, but the art ...covers and interiors... is stellar, with a range of interesting characters popular enough to snag solo feature books. Note: Sorry about the iPad image.  When back home in Ft. Worth I’ll take a proper HP scan and perform the perfunctory label edit...

DA64E1D1-B9ED-4D54-8D36-BAF051E7D79D.thumb.jpeg.d2b993cab787f55d874a64af67524257.jpeg

Nice score Cat, very nice score.

Got news for you. Prize Comics are hot. VERY hot. I’ve got a decent pile but have a real hard time getting them anymore. And once you get it that out of that plastic coffin, you will realize how cool they really are. Full of great art and stories.

53 minutes ago, path4play said:

Recent pick-ups, many acquired here thanks to boardies. 

IMAG4226.thumb.jpg.e7d66bab58825dbe74e6a02b2391e89b.jpg

Nice pile Ryan! Oh, I spy a copy of Fight 35! Easily my favorite Friction House book. Hard to tell how the color is on it. I have upgraded mine a couple of times just for rich color. Still looking for “that” copy. 

12 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

DA64E1D1-B9ED-4D54-8D36-BAF051E7D79D.thumb.jpeg.d2b993cab787f55d874a64af67524257.jpeg

That is a MONSTER book right there and I agree with @Robot Man Prize comics are en Fuego and for good reason!! Was this a Bob Storms book by chance? I know he had a real nice high grade Prize at the Cleveland show but can't remember the issue but it was Sweeeeeet!!! 

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

That is a MONSTER book right there and I agree with @Robot Man Prize comics are en Fuego and for good reason!! Was this a Bob Storms book by chance? I know he had a real nice high grade Prize at the Cleveland show but can't remember the issue but it was Sweeeeeet!!! 

You nailed it, Bob Storms at the High Grade Comics booth, next to Bedrock City booth at SDCC.  (thumbsu