• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,444 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, sagii said:

..After seeing @Sqeggs and @BuscemasAvengers post those Street & Smith Shadow Comics with those amazing covers, i had to have something from the publisher. Nabbed this last weekend, not The Shadow, but a cool Halloween-esque  Super Magician cover. Love that it's from early golden age 1941.

Super Magician Comics #3.jpg

The covers and the stories convey that 'film noir' feel in their visual and literary expressions, and I can only imagine what was going through the imaginations of the kids who were attracted to them at the time!!! 

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

It also looks like it was made on a desktop laser printer, which seems potentially... problematic.

My old noggin thought xerox,photocopy lol At least they didn't bring back that red like they did with that odd 9.5 book DrX has.(and sort of want cause it's weird)

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

It also looks like it was made on a desktop laser printer, which seems potentially... problematic.

I just said something like that in another thread.  Glad I am not the only one saw it.

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

..the background could use light grey hues in place of the white like blue hues are utilized on the Universal Blue labels. 

Since folks are posting up Super Magician Comics(I previously posted this in the Church copy thread, but it’s a cool book so who cares) I’ll add my copy with staples that may or may not have been replaced by Mr. Church himself, beat that Church Copy Action 1......may or may not be original Edgar Church staples.....haha 

3B71E74C-381A-42E9-A605-D94ACDE954A2.jpeg