• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Nice copy! Yeah, it's great on the inside, but I'm gonna be leaving mine in the slab. It's the only one I've ever seen with straight white pages. I have a reprint of it and I'd like to pick up a restored copy to thumb up (thumbsu

Mine has some tear seals, but that's the only restoration from the label before I cracked it out.

On 6/5/2020 at 7:33 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I was looking at THIS the other night and am STILL so happy that I bought it!!! 

Detective 32.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 10:45 AM, D84 said:

I love mine too.  It has my favorite pre-Robin interior art.

Detective Comics 0032.jpg

Great stuff, Gents! :luhv:

This one has some color touch. Some might say that it's an improvement.  :luhv:   I'm adding a "stock" photo of a Wings 69 (I don't own the second copy) as a reference to what it actually looks like, so you can see where a previous owner did some color touch. Lots of modifications! 

Wings 69.jpg

Wings 69 stock photo 2.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

This one has some color touch. Some might say that it's an improvement.  :luhv:   I'm adding a "stock" photo of a Wings 69 (I don't own the second copy) as a reference to what it actually looks like, so you can see where a previous owner did some color touch. Lots of modifications! 

Wings 69.jpg

Wings 69 stock photo 2.jpg

I can see that certain qualities of the book were significantly enhanced!  It's a good argument for the virtues of restoration.

At a local show last year, an out of town dealer set up (mighta been from Iowa) and their shop had gotten in an original owner collection that was an odd mix of mostly off-beat titles, nothing really mainstream at all. Some had been sold in their store to their regular customers but I WAS able to find an interesting stack amongst the remaining inventory. 

Blue Bolt v6 4.jpg

1 hour ago, sagii said:

This is one tough book! Took me a long time to find a copy.

Nice! :applause:

Thanks! This was another that I didn't remember seeing before, so I thought I'd better grab it. Such an odd mix of titles in that collection. I REALLY wish I'd have seen the entire hoard!!! However, I'm very happy to have found what I did!!!