• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Congrats and welcome to the club! You will never be sorry you bought that one. High up in my list of favorite crime comics. How Wertham missed it is beyond me. Here is my copy. Got it in the early 1980's at SDCC from my  good friend John Knight. Have kept it all that time. Even cooler, here is a picture of us that day!

Just a plug...Black Cat has one for sale right here on the boards at this moment.

comunderworldcrime7.jpg

BobandJohnnySanDiegoCon.jpg

Great story. Beautiful copy. Very cool that you have that picture. One of the best drawn covers I think. The expression, lighting/shadowing, cross-hatching and depth perception are all so good. 

9 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

Great story. Beautiful copy. Very cool that you have that picture. One of the best drawn covers I think. The expression, lighting/shadowing, cross-hatching and depth perception are all so good. 

Reminds me a little of one of my favorite pulps...

Such a sick story. This guy picks up people off the streets, disfigures them, and makes them go sell pencils on the street for him. The art on this takes the comic to a much darker level.

pulpstrangedetectivemysteries5:40.jpg

On 10/1/2020 at 7:10 AM, Marty Mann said:

IMG    BATMAN #44   PAC  (200 dpi).jpg

Such an awsome book Marty! The color is just blinding. One of my favorite Batmans. A sentinmental favorite because my wife surprised me with this one for my birthday. When I was buying a lot of books from the "Paul" collection, I missed this one. The seller told me he had already sold it. I was bummed and had no idea the "buyer" was my wife!  Unfortunately, she had to pay a just little more than you did...

combatman44paul.jpg

11 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

Hey there haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd say hey and post a photo. I have a warehouse with hundreds of boxes. I have gone through most boxes, but every once in a while I'll find a box,I have missed. Right in the middle of a box of Manthings I found this. I had it for over 10 years and didn't know it. LOL Another for my personal. 

20200930_103009.jpg

Besides what's happening in the chair, another disturbing part of this cover is the guy toasting the execution at the bar!! :whatthe:

4 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

Hey there haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd say hey and post a photo. I have a warehouse with hundreds of boxes. I have gone through most boxes, but every once in a while I'll find a box,I have missed. Right in the middle of a box of Manthings I found this. I had it for over 10 years and didn't know it. LOL Another for my personal. 

20200930_103009.jpg

How do you lose a book like that Howard? :roflmao:

Love that title. I had a chance at picking a run of most of them once. I just bought the best ones including #2. But this is my favorite!

commanhunt6.jpg

On 10/4/2020 at 8:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Congrats and welcome to the club! You will never be sorry you bought that one. High up in my list of favorite crime comics. How Wertham missed it is beyond me. Here is my copy. Got it in the early 1980's at SDCC from my  good friend John Knight. Have kept it all that time. Even cooler, here is a picture of us that day!

Just a plug...Black Cat has one for sale right here on the boards at this moment.

comunderworldcrime7.jpg

BobandJohnnySanDiegoCon.jpg

Great book and great pic, here's my lower grade copy but happy to have  one.

underworld crime7.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

How do you lose a book like that Howard? :roflmao:

Love that title. I had a chance at picking a run of most of them once. I just bought the best ones including #2. But this is my favorite!

commanhunt6.jpg

Nice. That's a great cover. I didn't know I had it. Apparently there are a few boxes I haven't gone through thourely.