COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE
3 3

45 posts in this topic

{I MOVED THIS AND RE-TITLED IT SO EVERYONE CAN CONTRIBUTE WITHOUT TURNING THE ACTUAL GUIDELINES POST INTO A LONG COMPLICATED THREAD -- ARCH}

Please post general grades too.

"Buying ASM 84"

OK. "CGC 9.4" or "Fine or better"

Edited by Architecht

I would like to know how everyone feels about posting scans of books with no price as a response to a thread with in that thread.

For instance, If someone posts " Want to buy ASM #50 in VF", and I have one that might fit the bill. Is it acceptable to post it in that thread and take offers from that buyer rather than completely by PM.

I personally think it should be ok, because the comcic has been solicited to buy, not for sale. If the buyer passes, or fails to make an offer that works for both parties, it will also give other board members the chance to make an offer if they might be interested. (the originator of the thread should have right to first refusal of course.)

What does everyone else think?

I don't have a problem with it. I actually would rather see it up front. Eventually I will ask for a scan anyways. Like you said, I'm sure others might be interested if the 1st party wasn't. This is a community.

I think if you post it in the WTB thread, it should still meet the guidelines for a sales thread, i.e., it should be posted with a BIN price you are committed to. If a lower price is worked out via PM, so be it, but items should be listed with a price acceptable to the seller. tongue.gif

I think if you post it in the WTB thread, it should still meet the guidelines for a sales thread, i.e., it should be posted with a BIN price you are committed to. If a lower price is worked out via PM, so be it, but items should be listed with a price acceptable to the seller. tongue.gif

but David, maybe they just want to put a feeler out there for what books they are looking for. Do they have to put a price point on every book on their want list? screwy.gif

I think the WTB section would be more genuine if people actually put a price (like Grails did) of what they will spend along with a grade.

This would cut down alot of wasted time responding to a WTB thread only to hear crickets chirping in return.

Wanted Unrestrored in VG or better conditon

Captain America Comics 36

More Fun Comics 65

Suspense Comics 3

>I think the WTB section would be more genuine if people actually put a price

I see your reasoning, but as a potential buyer, I have to say, not all vfs are created equal. I wouldn't want to commit to a specific price for a specific grade, without knowing what defects are responsible for that grade, you know?

I was wondering how often we can post our want lists. I realize we are only supposed to bump out posts three times but if we do not have a response in a few months is it bad form to re-post the list?

I was wondering how often we can post our want lists. I realize we are only supposed to bump out posts three times but if we do not have a response in a few months is it bad form to re-post the list?

What is the "Law of The Land" for reposting?

I offered I thought a VERY good offer for a want book- a lot of views but no replies.

Curious to hear what is the P.C. way to go about this?

What is the "Law of The Land" for reposting?

I offered I thought a VERY good offer for a want book- a lot of views but no replies.

Curious to hear what is the P.C. way to go about this?

I think a bump once a week should be in order,never really seems to be much of an issue in this forum. 2c

Thank-you for your opinion and reply. I feel that is a viable posting timeline.

Do others concur?

i don't think anyone would have a problem with it. traffic in this Forum seems pretty light, so I'm of the opinion that "use your best judgment" fits here.

assuming rather cavalierly that the posters here actually possess judgment, yes i know

i don't think anyone would have a problem with it. traffic in this Forum seems pretty light, so I'm of the opinion that "use your best judgment" fits here.

Sounds good, thank-you!

I think the WTB section would be more genuine if people actually put a price (like Grails did) of what they will spend along with a grade.

This would cut down alot of wasted time responding to a WTB thread only to hear crickets chirping in return.

It would certainly interest me in responding to WTB posts more frequently. :headbang:

but David, maybe they just want to put a feeler out there for what books they are looking for. Do they have to put a price point on every book on their want list? screwy.gif

I rarely respond to posts that don't suggest a price point or range or some idea of what the buyer is looking to spend. I don't think giving some idea along those lines locks in a buyer, but it could serve to get them more replies.

Or if they are suggesting a price too low, I guess it could work the other way too.

Still, I'd think it would more quickly bring together like-minded buyers and sellers.

This guidelines thread has seen little commentary on any topic. What's everyone think? Successful buyers, what's working for you?

Sellers or potential sellers - what's it take to motivate you to respond to WTB posts? If you have something you might sell and you see it in a WTB post but no value or pricing is suggested do you just walk away?

Is there any interest in categorizing WTB in the same manner as the Sales Thread?

I don't think there are enough posts to warrant more sub-forums.

Would this be the appropriate place for WTT (want to trade)? Or would this be a totally separate topic?

Guidelines updated to clarify that CGC and/or raw only applies here too.