• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Nice looking room @wolverine180! I dig those Super Foes Puzzles and the round top spinner!

Thank you. I got the puzzles a couple years ago . and the funny thing is that they all say 200 piece puzzles.  Well when I got them. I counted pieces first in the joker and had 203 or 204. And I immediately thought these were all mixed up. One of the others had 197. I thought this was going to be real fun figuring this out. Well, turns out that the joker was correct. And so were the others lol.

On 11/18/2017 at 8:24 AM, Dreamsleep said:

I love that statue display Namesjay.  May I ask if those cabinets are from ikea as I really need a statue display and that looks perfect!

Yes, doors and cabinets are all IKEA. Lighting is Amazon.com.

Edited by NamesJay

On 08/11/2017 at 9:30 AM, Doktor said:

So I wanted to post up the updated pics of my room. Especially since Photobucket stopped hosting for 3rd party:

s7uMECD.jpg

TBQmefm.jpg

GmW66ru.jpg

XWqcgMT.jpg

Dkmff8I.jpg

vnw5K1F.jpg

uBewKZI.jpg

FlTCflJ.jpg

wfylkhz.jpg

And here's some other things in the house:

Some barstools in the basement:

vRIPnwa.jpg

My roomie decided that our dining room table was boring:

FJ5Rqlh.jpg

And a terrible panorama of my living room bookshelf:

xNFnhI4.jpg

There's quite a few other things around the house as well.

Perhaps I missed it - but did you guys make the chair tops/table top yourself - and how?

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, Panelfan1 said:

Perhaps I missed it - but did you guys make the chair tops/table top yourself - and how?

I made the barstools. My roomie did the tabletop. I did the barstools with stripping the old fabric, adding a new layer of batting & spray upholstery adhesive, an industrial staple gun, and reinstalling the seats onto the frames.

The roomie did the table with just decoupage. I also laid down a few coats of clear coat overtop. But I've been thinking of laying a whole layer of the pourable epoxy on tope.

Edited by Doktor

1 hour ago, Doktor said:

I made the barstools. My roomie did the tabletop. I did the barstools with stripping the old fabric, adding a new layer of batting & spray upholstery adhesive and reinstalling the seats onto the frames.

The roomie did the table with just decoupage. I also laid down a few coats of clear coat overtop. But I've been thinking of laying a whole layer of the pourable epoxy on tope.

Is the art just cut up comics then (paper) with a coat on top? Its hard to tell from photo?

Thanks!

Yeah, these are my favorite things.

You're correct, it's almost full. In fact, the only reason there's a little space at the bottom is because I kicked out my sci-fi-fi novel collection (moved it up stairs) and scooted the Absolutes over to the right. Before that, it was (and will again soon be) "one in one out" - where, every time I buy something new, something else has to go to the "sell pile". It's a good way of distilling it down to my favorites.

20 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Thanks!

You're correct, it's almost full. In fact, the only reason there's a little space at the bottom is because I kicked out my sci-fi-fi novel collection (moved it up stairs) and scooted the Absolutes over to the right. Before that, it was (and will again soon be) "one in one out" - where, every time I buy something new, something else has to go to the "sell pile". It's a good way of distilling it down to my favorites.

I clean yet mine seem to need cleaning all the time and I don't have near as much stuff. I'm in awe of how well yours and other's look compared to the accumulation lol of books :)

18 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Is the art just cut up comics then (paper) with a coat on top? Its hard to tell from photo?

I believe so, yes. She just cut up a buttload of old X-Men comics & layered them down with some overlapping. I personally would have went with full pages or covers, but this worked too. She would brush some adhesive onto the table, lay the comic bit on it, then lay some more adhesive & then keep repeating. The top coat was just done with a spray clear coat. I was torn between a glass top over top of the finish or doing an epoxy pour. I went with glass for a while, but I think I'm going to do the epoxy in the spring.

12 hours ago, wormboy said:

Thanks!

Those Fireside hardcovers are :cloud9:

14 hours ago, wormboy said:

lol It's a challenge to keep them clean.

I put all the hardcover dust jackets into Brodart mylars - that helps.

I also dust the whole setup with a feather duster at least once a week, and do a shelf by shelf polish every couple of months.

I dig the organization of it all !!  Nice library wormboy

3 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

Those Fireside hardcovers are :cloud9:

Thanks!

Those were the hardest to find of anything on the shelf.

Started collecting them before eBay, when it was truly a challenge, and overpayed for a few because of it.

The first one I found was Fantastic Four at Green Apple Books in San Francisco. It was priced at $110 (this is 20 years ago) because they had a real savvy comics guy who knew how rare it was.  The checker took a double take and thought someone made a mistake lol

On 08/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, Doktor said:

GmW66ru.jpg

Cor, when can I move in? I love the Doctor Who curtain and is that Matt Smith hiding in there?

I'd have given you another like but I'm all out of 'reactions' today. Stoopid boards. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Marwood & I said:

Cor, when can I move in? I love the Doctor Who curtain and is that Matt Smith hiding in there?

I'd have given you another like but I'm all out of 'reactions' today. Stoopid boards. 

Yeah. They're Doctor Who curtains & that is a pencil drawing of Matt Smith. I didn't do the sketch, but I don't recall where it came from either. I have so much comic art around the house that I lose track of where it all came from.

On 29/11/2017 at 12:23 PM, Doktor said:

Yeah. They're Doctor Who curtains & that is a pencil drawing of Matt Smith. I didn't do the sketch, but I don't recall where it came from either. I have so much comic art around the house that I lose track of where it all came from.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32515-1380824519-4.gif.44397f6bee2e0ce7fe9bdcaef9f5e70b.gif