• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

After what seems like a really long time, my garage conversion is finally complete. Of course I have no money left to actually do anything with it, but it's a start. Before pics (forgot to snap some pics before they started, but close enough). 

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Damn that looks AWESOME!:applause:

Thanks Dave. I'm going to have my office in the back by the door. That leave me two huge walls for comics and statues. The unpainted wooden door leads to a new laundry room and pantry. Debating on putting the bar out there as well. 

18 minutes ago, wombat said:

Might as well add these to. We gave the living room a makeover at the same time. There used to be really ugly wood paneling on the walls. This is now my wife's "woman cave". Can you tell she is an Aliens fan?

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

That woman is a keeper dude, dont ever lose her. :foryou:

21 hours ago, wombat said:

Might as well add these to. We gave the living room a makeover at the same time. There used to be really ugly wood paneling on the walls. This is now my wife's "woman cave". Can you tell she is an Aliens fan?

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

That is awesome. :applause:

14 hours ago, wombat said:

I wanted it to look like a garage from the outside. And yes we did remove all of the pieces related to the automatic opener. 

Hopefully you put a lot of insulation on that garage door..... it’s pretty cold out there in NJ.

I once helped my in-laws renovate there garage into a “dance room”. They live in Texas, where cold and snow is not an issue. 

46 minutes ago, combiner1 said:

Hopefully you put a lot of insulation on that garage door..... it’s pretty cold out there in NJ.

I once helped my in-laws renovate there garage into a “dance room”. They live in Texas, where cold and snow is not an issue. 

Yes. Lots of insulation. We also installed a heating/cooling unit (You can see it on one of the pictures). With the big opening to the rest of the house I don't think we will even need it in the winter. We have had some pretty cold days and it's been fine out there. I'm more worried about really hot days.