• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, batt90 said:

Hey Batman1fan thanks lots for the kind words. Have you put up pics of your room? I would love to see them too. Also if you are into learning about the various aspects of Batman collecting and are on Facebook I run a closed vintage Batman group that you might get a kick out of being a part of Its membership is small by design but the people in it have a pretty good time there. Its not just show but show and tell. LMK if you have any interest. 

I haven't put up any photos yet, but I'm between houses in an apartment right now, so most of my stuff is in boxes at the moment. When I get my new room set up, I'll be happy to post some photos and contribute to the thread.  I'm not much for social media, but I am on Facebook and I would love any information on your group, Batt!

On 4/30/2018 at 3:30 PM, batt90 said:

Well they came out of this room of which this pic I think (without going back and checking) is a different view of a similar one in the same bunch of pics from last year. 

Den long view.jpg

I used to have the #1 edition of that Wonder Woman WBSS Litho as well as many others. I miss those prints. 

7 hours ago, Batman1fan said:

I haven't put up any photos yet, but I'm between houses in an apartment right now, so most of my stuff is in boxes at the moment. When I get my new room set up, I'll be happy to post some photos and contribute to the thread.  I'm not much for social media, but I am on Facebook and I would love any information on your group, Batt!

Look for Batman Collectors. That is my group.

Edited by batt90

I'm looking for ideas on shelves to display CGC comics. Any good or bad reviews would be appreciated. I was thinking something along these lines, but obviously it needs some kind of lip or groove so that they are secured. 

Image result for black floating shelves

42 minutes ago, wombat said:

I like this, but i have no clue exactly what shelves these are. 

Comic Book Frames & Birthday Decorations

In that photo and in a bunch of people's rooms here are the black version of Ikea's Mosslanda picture shelves with a little ridge:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20291767/

I was thinking of doing those for a long time but Ikea is just a pain to get to and shop at, and another poster had a wall full of these really cheap laundry room shelves that he mounted vertically with a one inch ledge, and there's a Lowes nearby so I just did that for now.  Here's a photo of mine that are straight in a row:

QSORr6R.jpg

They're great for a "Comic book room" but if I were doing a nice hallway like your photo I'd go for the Mosslanda.

Edited by davebo357

I think I'm set on the shelves. Next question. I need a work space. I guess looking around a "craft table" seems like what I'm looking for as that would also give me a place to store supplies. Or just a high dining room type table. Thoughts? Here are a few things I saw online that look like options. 

3154812153_1341777547.JPG

Related image

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I think I'm set on the shelves. Next question. I need a work space. I guess looking around a "craft table" seems like what I'm looking for as that would also give me a place to store supplies. Or just a high dining room type table. Thoughts? Here are a few things I saw online that look like options. 

Related image

Man I sure do like the second one there.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, wombat said:

Related image

I have a model similar to this one, but in black. I don't remember paying nearly that much, though.

https://www.wayfair.com/storage-organization/pdp/venture-horizon-project-center-385-h-x-55-w-desk-with-2-bookcases-vhz1107.html

28 minutes ago, srezvan said:

I have a model similar to this one, but in black. I don't remember paying nearly that much, though.

https://www.wayfair.com/storage-organization/pdp/venture-horizon-project-center-385-h-x-55-w-desk-with-2-bookcases-vhz1107.html

It's also not as big as Wombats picture.

36 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

It's also not as big as Wombats picture.

Here's my comic room:

promo271557970.jpg

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I certainly would have a lifetime of fun filling up that room.(thumbsu

I'm proud to say that they are all Caps!