• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I like it so much I want to scream in BIG CAPS!:whatthe:

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

All kidding aside, what is this a picture of?

Mile High warehouse.

1 minute ago, scooter99 said:

Since pot is legal to sell in Colorado, I'm surprised Chuck hasn't diversified and set up a dispensary in the warehouse. 

Well no one is allowed in the warehouse but he could set up vending machines!

On 4/13/2018 at 7:22 PM, Robot Man said:

VERY nice and classy. My wife would love those but she just says outta my junk room anyway. Problem is now your carpenter knows you collect comic book and nice ones as well. Have you thought of locks on those drawers or your room door? Me, I would have given him a modern Archie or Ritchie Rich to test. 

You should put locks on it like i did for the one i built

box.jpg

On 5/12/2018 at 12:05 PM, wombat said:

I'm looking for ideas on shelves to display CGC comics. Any good or bad reviews would be appreciated. I was thinking something along these lines, but obviously it needs some kind of lip or groove so that they are secured. 

Image result for black floating shelves

I use these from IKEA -- super cheap and look great!

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103751/

shelves.jpg

22 hours ago, scooter99 said:

Since pot is legal to sell in Colorado, I'm surprised Chuck hasn't diversified and set up a dispensary in the warehouse. 

He would probably make more $$ 

10 hours ago, Senormac said:

He would probably make more $$ 

Didn't he make a bunch of cash selling his warehouse space to pot dealers? His real estate is probably worth more than all of his over-priced books combined,

On a side note, I actually placed an order with Mile High during their Tax Time sale, as with that discount I was able to pick up a handful of drekky run-fillers cheaper than MCS. It just worked out. ONE MONTH LATER, i finally got a shipping confirmation. I mean...that's nuts.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:14 PM, wombat said:

I think I'm set on the shelves. Next question. I need a work space. I guess looking around a "craft table" seems like what I'm looking for as that would also give me a place to store supplies. Or just a high dining room type table. Thoughts? Here are a few things I saw online that look like options. 

3154812153_1341777547.JPG

Related image

The second work table plans are available on Ana-white.com. I made one for my wife to use as a sewing/ embroidery and craft table. Works great for her. I never thought about it as a comic table but it would work well for sorting, bagging and such.

Edited by Ducky13
Autocorrect

54 minutes ago, Ducky13 said:

The second work table plans are available on Ana-white.com. I made one for my wife to use as a sewing/ embroidery and craft table. Works great for her. I never thought about it as a comic table but it would work well for sorting, bagging and such.

Thanks. I'm thinking maybe a bit longer and skinnier. Should be easy enough to modify the plans.