• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

Mold of clay...

Here's our basement - just moved here exactly two weeks ago; the first pics show what I had before (just a crummy shelf and longs on the floor).  I picked-up an ikea shelf, the location will probably be moved to the back so the comics only take up about 1/3rd of the room, but for the time-being it's near the front.  I've also sent up a folding table that I can use as a makeshift workspace.  

IMG_2088.JPG

The second shelving I picked-up locally for free.  You can see it has the generic gray Ikea is so known for, so I will most likely dismantle the unit and prime and spray paint the metal black.  I'll probably replace the wood too, maybe stain it if I do....for now it does the job.

IMG_2103.JPG

Edited by spreads

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@spreads

Congrats on the new place! :)

Thanks, it's been stressful we bought a cottage and a house four months a part.  We have a white board in the office to keep track of what we need to do for both; and to add to the stress I just found out this week my company was bought-out by one of the major banks.  I guess the timing is never great on something like that :/

2 minutes ago, spreads said:

Thanks, it's been stressful we bought a cottage and a house four months a part.  We have a white board in the office to keep track of what we need to do for both; and to add to the stress I just found out this week my company was bought-out by one of the major banks.  I guess the timing is never great on something like that :/

Well as your making it home, hopefully things will be more secure (thumbsu

Seems you've got a game plan, 2 heads are better than 1 :foryou:

On 6/11/2018 at 6:39 PM, Leonidas88x said:

Long time lurker, first time post-er. As far back as I can remember, I’ve wanted my own comic book room. As fortune would have it, with our new move, I now have an entire basement to house my collection! I’m hoping to document the transformation over the next couple months, with an anticipated fall completion date, to coincide with our first thanksgiving hosting both sides of the family, enjoy!

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

Looking great.  Just make absolutely sure there are no concerns about potential flooding ... that's the one thing that scares me about basements.  Best of luck!

12 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Great stuff everyone. Love me some old paper. 

5E8F0B8B-4882-425D-90A9-0483D883B1AE.jpeg

F604A49D-EA79-44C7-B41B-AF3F06CF6885.jpeg

Great books!

What type of climate controls do you have in place?  I'm looking at purchasing a dehumidifier, and then maybe a space heater in the winter....

On 6/12/2018 at 11:16 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Looking great.  Just make absolutely sure there are no concerns about potential flooding ... that's the one thing that scares me about basements.  Best of luck!

That is an excellent point @Sweet Lou 14, i'm new to the midwest and this is the first state i've lived in where a basement is even a possibility.  I will have to get creative.  I actually had to replace the sump pump right away, so that works.  I'm hoping to keep most of my books up on shelving, and then use the main area for displays and shelving.

I love the latest Boxes In Action design but I really can't justify buying it since I don't need it AND I have like three Transformers issues total, but if anyone here is a big Transformers fan I'd love to see this long and short box Optimus Prime combo show up in someone's comic room photo:  http://columbiahobby.com/boxes-in-action-optimus-prime-time-comic-box-set/

14 hours ago, davebo357 said:

I love the latest Boxes In Action design but I really can't justify buying it since I don't need it AND I have like three Transformers issues total, but if anyone here is a big Transformers fan I'd love to see this long and short box Optimus Prime combo show up in someone's comic room photo:  http://columbiahobby.com/boxes-in-action-optimus-prime-time-comic-box-set/

Oh thanks so much! My shop had these for a time and I missed out on them, and then couldn't find them ANYWHERE. Must have done a new production run. I will be picking these up, really appreciate the heads up!