• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

With my son moving out I was given the upstairs bedroom no one used any way but I guess we kept it ready for guests even before he moved out. I had to build a new kennel for our three dogs and now that is done I can focus my weekends setting up my room. Some of the Joe and Star Wars stuff have never been displayed and as with all of us I regret selling off my Star Wars collection years ago. I haven't bought a single SW piece so what is left was things I had some sort of attachment to. At any rate just moving everything from the attic and couple of bedrooms into here. The closets are set up to handle a lot of boxes or clothes so they will most likely hold the comics, since i can shut the doors and no worry of light getting to them. I am still working on the loose SW display as I want to make an acrylic top that closes down over the figures. 

Pic of the custom 3 dog kennel just to share.

Kennel .JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

That is something else letting your dogs have their own Dog-cave and a spinner rack to boot.:) Only joking, I wish you well on the upgrade and will look forward to seeing the finished project.

3 hours ago, PKJ said:

With my son moving out I was given the upstairs bedroom no one used any way but I guess we kept it ready for guests even before he moved out. I had to build a new kennel for our three dogs and now that is done I can focus my weekends setting up my room. Some of the Joe and Star Wars stuff have never been displayed and as with all of us I regret selling off my Star Wars collection years ago. I haven't bought a single SW piece so what is left was things I had some sort of attachment to. At any rate just moving everything from the attic and couple of bedrooms into here. The closets are set up to handle a lot of boxes or clothes so they will most likely hold the comics, since i can shut the doors and no worry of light getting to them. I am still working on the loose SW display as I want to make an acrylic top that closes down over the figures. 

IMG_1650.JPG

Sweet tie fighter & SW 21 display.

9 hours ago, DC|Marvel said:

Sweet tie fighter & SW 21 display.

Thanks I sold so many store displays, I got this one from Todd from an employee so I kept it. Same with the Blue box snow speeder, I noticed last night it is "barely" still sealed.

12 hours ago, PKJ said:

Kennel .JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

Spinner rack is solid.  I like your baker's rack, we have one that's similar to yours...can you crack open that electric football and take some pics - looks awesome!

On 6/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, 143ksk said:

Updated wall of daily strips photo, with grail in place:whee:

4EA7DE66-B4ED-419A-BF84-C94C1306CA87.jpeg

CDD1D171-5C8E-49D7-BEC2-589B7C567ECD.jpeg

Kelly, Schultz, Breathed.  Add a McCay and I think you would have all my favorites.  I don't remember seeing these when I was over last.  Is this a new focus or were these not out when we visited?  Or, more likely, was I too focused on all the cool comics there to notice the strip OA?

4 hours ago, spreads said:

Spinner rack is solid.  I like your baker's rack, we have one that's similar to yours...can you crack open that electric football and take some pics - looks awesome!

Thanks. I have a regular stand that is on the other side. The Football game is pretty complete, even kept the baggies the teams came in.

Did get all the loose SW figs out or enough to fill the stand. Still thinking of how to finish it. Knocked one of the top row and got to watch dominoes since i don't have stands or a peg method yer

IMG_1658.JPG

Tudor.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

2 hours ago, PKJ said:

Thanks. I have a regular stand that is on the other side. The Football game is pretty complete, even kept the baggies the teams came in.

Did get all the loose SW figs out or enough to fill the stand. Still thinking of how to finish it. Knocked one of the top row and got to watch dominoes since i don't have stands or a peg method yer

IMG_1658.JPG

Tudor.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

I always imagine that in a situation like this, everything just shifts to slow motion with a shout of "Nooooooo!" as they all slowly tumble...

Hope none got damages!

Just now, wombat said:

Pinball machine is awesome. I wonder if they ever made a Frazetta themed one?  hm

Thanks! That's a good question...I thought I might have saw one produced by Gotlieb but not sure. The art on the ASM pinball was done by Gordon Morison, sadly he's passed away:(

3 hours ago, jdw1991 said:

Added ASM 50, AVG 12, and GSXM 1 to the comic wall over the holiday.

20180704_112331.jpg

That is an excellent selection of keys that overlaps very heavily with my personal favorites.  Avengers #12 is an all-time favorite cover, IMHO highly underappreciated.  :golfclap:

But you really need to get yourself an FF #48!  :baiting: