• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, spreads said:

Was it a chain, or smaller operation?  In Canada there's a few very large chains, I would be concerned if the individual owner/operator could operate like this under that structure.

Small operation. Local. 

On 8/8/2018 at 10:01 PM, 01TheDude said:

I get that you have a plan and all but would it make more sense to just have him rent a climate controlled storage space and put all these items there for safe keeping for however long he needs it?

good luck either way

The "plan" is for us to hoard our collections at this house until we both die and my wife logs into this website and sells everything to one of you guys for pennies :P

Nothing temporary about the situation, very long term as far as we're concerned.  Space isn't an issue really, only in the context of that comic room, but his room will have plenty more space in it.

6 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

The "plan" is for us to hoard our collections at this house until we both die and my wife logs into this website and sells everything to one of you guys for pennies :P

Nothing temporary about the situation, very long term as far as we're concerned.  Space isn't an issue really, only in the context of that comic room, but his room will have plenty more space in it.

I must not have read the original post correctly. My bad -- didn't realize this was a permanent situation. Not sure where I got the idea that you were simply helping him out for a while.

30 minutes ago, wombat said:

Making some progress. My original thought was to have all custom built shelves on this wall. Putting that on hold for a bit. The wall to the right of this is going to have a work/sorting area. My home office is to the left of this wall. 

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

Now THATS full of Frazetta goodness.^^

34 minutes ago, wombat said:

Making some progress. My original thought was to have all custom built shelves on this wall. Putting that on hold for a bit. The wall to the right of this is going to have a work/sorting area. My home office is to the left of this wall. 

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

Very clean, I like this slab setup a lot. Nice job!

23 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Is there room beneath for a small bookshelf (possibly two rows tall) for you to put your floppies/tpb's or whatever's in those short/long boxes under the table?

The goal is to replace that folding table with a nice work table with enough room underneath to hide my short boxes. There definitely wouldn't be enough room for all of them. I'm trying to keep that wall clean to not detract from the slabs. I have tons of room so it should work for now. 

On 8/12/2018 at 4:52 PM, wombat said:

IMG_2053.JPG

So I was moving some of the slabs around today and discovered something. They all seem to be "sticking" to the wall. There didn't seem to be any damage to the wall, but I'm not sure what would happen long term. There are definitely some rougher edges on the back top of all the slabs so I'm guessing just the pressure of them leaning against the wall is making them sink in a bit. 

22 hours ago, wombat said:

So I was moving some of the slabs around today and discovered something. They all seem to be "sticking" to the wall. There didn't seem to be any damage to the wall, but I'm not sure what would happen long term. There are definitely some rougher edges on the back top of all the slabs so I'm guessing just the pressure of them leaning against the wall is making them sink in a bit. 

Hmmm, maybe add a small piece of foam to keep between the slab where it touches the wall may help? 

11 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:
23 hours ago, wombat said:

Hmmm, maybe add a small piece of foam to keep between the slab where it touches the wall may help? 

Those "slab-pro's" that go around the case might help or give you an idea :) 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=slab+pro+cgc&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=13&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

on second thought and a google search :sorry: 

but the ads are all over the boards sometimes, which I'd always assumed were paid ads.... don't know what to think now :shy: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
13 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:
23 hours ago, wombat said:

Those "slab-pro's" that go around the case might help or give you an idea :) 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=slab+pro+cgc&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=13&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc