• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2018 at 8:24 AM, wombat said:

Making more progress. My Frazetta picture wall is almost done. In the open frame is going to Dracula vs. Wolfman. Not the greatest pictures with the glare coming in from the windows. 

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

My man. :golfclap:

You have great style.:headbang:

35 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Looks super clean, I like it.  But how are you going to work on puzzles at it?  Where do your legs go?

(Apologies in advance if your legs have been chopped off in an axe mishap.)

I usually stand when I work on them. But there is (or will be some space). You can see in the middle are a couple of storage bins. Those are going to go somewhere else eventually. 

On 9/15/2018 at 12:01 PM, Red84 said:

My art wall is growing!

Bob Kane Batman and Robin sketches. 

Herbe Trimpe wolverine sketch. 

Shelly Moldoff signed print. 

Frank Miller signed print. 

And unrelated but it’s my favorite, 1950s Argentinian King Kong poster. 

4DEEBE4F-90E3-46B5-9A06-C931EB1BE2C1.jpeg

2FF61563-84AB-46FA-A5F0-1B13E94FCEF3.jpeg

Great wall. Love the wolverine sketch. The Batman and robin aren't bad either (worship)

16 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

For starters, I would like to thank the community.  If not for stumbling across these boards and this thread in particular, my books would still be hidden away in boxes in a dark closet protected from friends who might otherwise ridicule me when they come over.  The number of amazing rooms and collections that fill these pages is truly astounding.  :golfclap:  My room (which really consists of a wall and 2 bookcases) pales in comparison to what some of you guys have done, but at least it has given me a clear direction on how best to decorate my spare room.

My interest in the Batman/Catwoman relationship peaked during the seminal Hush run and I had been looking for a print of the iconic rooftop kiss from Batman #610 for many years or even a print of the cover of the 15th anniversary hardcover, but never did find anything that fit the bill.  So I was ecstatic when this giclée from the pages of Batman #50 recreating said moment became available at SDCC (along with a print of the equally impressive variant cover).  Many thanks to @stinkininkin for making these available and for the remarques on both prints.  (worship)  (The detail on the giclée is absolutely incredible.)

Lastly, a big shout out to @Kevlar who helped get the prints for me and dealt with the mountain of requests I had that weekend.  He handled it like a champ.  (thumbsu

IMG_2015.thumb.JPG.15da85fe15dd76a58329ca73fd724d09.JPG

IMG_2018.thumb.JPG.242fbf9e496a422da451656d47bd9acb.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

Nice setup. I remember wanting to get a Batman and Catwoman print after reading the Hush run myself. I think they made a print or giclee of that scene from your statue. I can't remember the company. But they worked with a lot of DC artists back then. I know there were a few Jim Lee prints like the one with Superman and Batman painted by Alex Ross. The Batman and Catwoman print is called Kissing the Knight.

1 hour ago, GeneticNinja said:

The Batman and Catwoman print is called Kissing the Knight.

This whole time I did Google and eBay searches and apparently I just wasn't searching hard enough.  :tonofbricks:

Thank you for this.  Now that I know print copies do exist, I will definitely be looking to buy one at some point down the road.  $425 is a bit much for the time being, but definitely something to consider the next time eBay has a 20% promo.  At this point, there's no room left on that wall for another print, but the completionist in me yearns to get one, even if it just sits in an art folio case.