• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MagnetoWasRight said:

Been busy with life and starting a new business lately...finally had time to finish up my office. Figured I’d finally join this awesome thread with a few pics of my own. 

61AB9E0F-9EB4-4915-BB85-85312A85986E.jpeg

64A3A1D0-0839-4ADA-9D5A-D8F8F2C0D153.jpeg

DDB5216D-0749-4414-B7A8-4DB85DCF26A8.jpeg

8209BC8D-CBCF-42B0-A640-12D9173AADFB.jpeg

7FA7A3E7-8B14-4854-8F06-4E12C35E4C41.jpeg

95540021-8F25-419B-84CA-82ED137DB150.jpeg

864008AB-ACC5-4C47-A595-C24D3205F239.jpeg

CB41B40E-19CB-4B96-9D29-3108F95C347C.jpeg

FEA9D4F6-01D8-460A-BBC5-84DD2AED5CA8.jpeg

Exceptional! :golfclap:

6 hours ago, MagnetoWasRight said:

Thansk for all the love everyone...been a long time coming for sure. I’ve got a few more ideas I wanna do with the room but she’s awesome as is. 

Simply an amazing job. Wow!

The shelving is all from Ikea, it’s the billy bookshelf series. I like them because they are tight to the wall..about 11 inches off...do not take up a ton of space and keep everything neat and uniform in appearance.  

Glass cases are ikea too, 179 each...they lock which adds a bit of security...but they are ful glass so they look awesome. 

Edited by MagnetoWasRight

On 10/3/2018 at 11:22 PM, ExNihilo said:

For starters, I would like to thank the community.  If not for stumbling across these boards and this thread in particular, my books would still be hidden away in boxes in a dark closet protected from friends who might otherwise ridicule me when they come over.  The number of amazing rooms and collections that fill these pages is truly astounding.  :golfclap:  My room (which really consists of a wall and 2 bookcases) pales in comparison to what some of you guys have done, but at least it has given me a clear direction on how best to decorate my spare room.

My interest in the Batman/Catwoman relationship peaked during the seminal Hush run and I had been looking for a print of the iconic rooftop kiss from Batman #610 for many years or even a print of the cover of the 15th anniversary hardcover, but never did find anything that fit the bill.  So I was ecstatic when this giclée from the pages of Batman #50 recreating said moment became available at SDCC (along with a print of the equally impressive variant cover).  Many thanks to @stinkininkin for making these available and for the remarques on both prints.  (worship)  (The detail on the giclée is absolutely incredible.)

Lastly, a big shout out to @Kevlar who helped get the prints for me and dealt with the mountain of requests I had that weekend.  He handled it like a champ.  (thumbsu

IMG_2015.thumb.JPG.15da85fe15dd76a58329ca73fd724d09.JPG

IMG_2018.thumb.JPG.242fbf9e496a422da451656d47bd9acb.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

I am honored!!!!  Thank you very much for displaying my work so prominently and thoughtfully!

Scott

I got some new decorated short boxes but the only major thing to change in my room lately is I finally put together the TMNT diorama that was an SDCC exclusive from NECA.  I got the turtles movie figures to go with it, but instead of getting them out I populated it with a bunch of Wolverines and the newly released Days of Future Past Sentinel/Wolvie set.  Since this photo I already added a Harley Davidson for one to ride, Sabretooth and Omega Red.  These 6" Marvel Legends toys are addictive.

2018-09-24-wolverines-01-snitkd.jpg

2 hours ago, davebo357 said:

I got some new decorated short boxes but the only major thing to change in my room lately is I finally put together the TMNT diorama that was an SDCC exclusive from NECA.  I got the turtles movie figures to go with it, but instead of getting them out I populated it with a bunch of Wolverines and the newly released Days of Future Past Sentinel/Wolvie set.  Since this photo I already added a Harley Davidson for one to ride, Sabretooth and Omega Red.  These 6" Marvel Legends toys are addictive.

Could you please post a pic of the box or packaging for the Days of Future Past Wolverine / Sentinel combo?

On 10/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, srezvan said:

Could you please post a pic of the box or packaging for the Days of Future Past Wolverine / Sentinel combo?

No problem.  I'll throw in the inside in case you wanted that too.  It at least shows the scale.  The figure itself is 16"

2018-10-12-sentinel.box.1.jpg

2018-10-12-sentinel.box.2.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, davebo357 said:

Nice display :headbang:

On 10/5/2018 at 2:57 PM, MagnetoWasRight said:

Thansk for all the love everyone...been a long time coming for sure. I’ve got a few more ideas I wanna do with the room but she’s awesome as is. 

Are all the bookcases and cabinets from IKEA? I've been looking at the Billy Bookcases with Glass Doors for my collection. Any cons? What are the names of the smaller cabinets? Thanks!