• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, archiecomicscollector said:

Are all the bookcases and cabinets from IKEA? I've been looking at the Billy Bookcases with Glass Doors for my collection. Any cons? What are the names of the smaller cabinets? Thanks! 

Yes, these are the billy cases...I love them. They only come off the wall about 11 inches...do not take up a ton of space and give you a nice, clean look. I love them, get compliments constantly.  They are perfect for my Bowen statue and bust collection as well as Hot Toys figures.  The smaller glass display cases are called Fabrikor...they are IKEA as well and come in two different shapes.  I love them, they lock and have a nice clean look to them. 

19 minutes ago, MagnetoWasRight said:

Yes, these are the billy cases...I love them. They only come off the wall about 11 inches...do not take up a ton of space and give you a nice, clean look. I love them, get compliments constantly.  They are perfect for my Bowen statue and bust collection as well as Hot Toys figures.  The smaller glass display cases are called Fabrikor...they are IKEA as well and come in two different shapes.  I love them, they lock and have a nice clean look to them. 

Are the shelves adjustable? So that if there are irregular size statues... etc you can adjust to the size you want?

Or how big is the space between shelves?

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are the shelves adjustable? So that if there are irregular size statues... etc you can adjust to the size you want?

Or how big is the space between shelves?

On the small Billy's, the shelves are height adjustable.  On the large Billy (the tall bookcase), the shelves are adjustable with the exception of the middle shelf.  This is to ensure the bookcase retains some rigidity.

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Suhweeet!! 

That looks like a good height for play too! nice that the bottom deck has room for planes etc. ! @STORMSHADOW_80

Thanks!! I lucked out finding that table. It brings it up to a good height and isn't too wide. It has wheels that go sideways so we can get to the other side.

35 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I’ve been doing some rearranging of the comic room. Most notably I moved in my detolf shelves and a USS Flagg!!! with custom lower hangar I made.

8028ECA2-B626-44BE-8586-9C677FE7DF04.jpeg

I LOVE it. If I ever get another Flagg, I'm totally ripping you off. This is the only way to go.

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I’ve been doing some rearranging of the comic room. Most notably I moved in my detolf shelves and a USS Flagg!!! with custom lower hangar I made.

8028ECA2-B626-44BE-8586-9C677FE7DF04.jpeg

That thing is insane, did anyone ever get this for Xmas as a kid?

Just now, bane said:

Thanks man! I personally don't know of anyone getting this for Christmas. I remember thinking the terror dome was the coolest when it came out but the biggest Joe item I got for Christmas was the Mobile Command Center "MCC" that I recently found in my grandmas attic. It was trashed, but if you look closely at the ship I reused parts and panels from the MCC after painting them for the Flagg. Kind of a cool way to give it new life.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:41 PM, bane said:

On 10/15/2018 at 5:53 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks man! I personally don't know of anyone getting this for Christmas. I remember thinking the terror dome was the coolest when it came out but the biggest Joe item I got for Christmas was the Mobile Command Center "MCC" that I recently found in my grandmas attic. It was trashed, but if you look closely at the ship I reused parts and panels from the MCC after painting them for the Flagg. Kind of a cool way to give it new life.

Well... yes and no.

Growing up my Dad had a second job at department store.  He used to bring us toys all the time that were either returned or opened buying them at a fraction of the shelf price.  So for example he still laughs when he tells us that he brought home the GI Joe Skystriker for 25 cents because someone had opened it at the store.  In fact this was standard practice for many retailers to damage items out or sell them at a deep discount to employees when I worked retail in college.  So the practice was still in existence around twenty years ago.  On top of that employees routinely had access to things that the general public did not.  My Dad and other employees stashed Cabbage Patch dolls when they were the hottest thing and I remember he brought one home to my mom one year as a gift. 

Anyway, my brother and I did really bad things growing up.  We were good students but did really mischievous things sometimes like just running around the house like a bunch of uncontrollable monsters.  Christmas of 1986 my Dad supposedly got one at a deep discount as well as a Nintendo. Supposedly Mom was dead against it because of how big it was so they were looking for ane excuse.  They both have said that it was supposed to go in the basement.  Either way, my mom and dad were to give it to my brother and I to share as well as the Nintendo and that would have been all we got for Christmas. 

My brother and I screwed up again or didn't listen or something and they returned the Flagg and the Nintendo.  We got other things that Christmas and we eventually got the Nintendo for the next Christmas of 1987. I remember that well because of the school year.  We never got the Flagg. 

On 10/16/2018 at 4:25 AM, davebo357 said:

my dad had a shed converted to a home office in the back yard, and he assembled the FLAGG in parts over several days,

That's NOT true Dave your Dad only took the credit it was really Santa and his little helpers!:bigsmile: Great memories for both you and your family that must have been fun to play with as a child.(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, comicgrinder said:

theyre not posters they are wood . 13 x19  and the paint is UV reactive and glows w/out light for about 40 minutes with a full charge.. i painted them. thanks for your interest

Glow in the Dark Paint? awesome! I remember the posts before, new they were painted, which they look Great!

Do you paint in the dark? lol :shy: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glow in the Dark Paint? awesome! I remember the posts before, new they were painted, which they look Great!

Do you paint in the dark? lol :shy: 

absolutely paint in the dark! and they look way better in person. Superman glows for over an hour and so far has 12 ounces of paint on him.