• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, comicgrinder said:

absolutely paint in the dark! and they look way better in person. Superman glows for over an hour and so far has 12 ounces of paint on him.

IMG_0484.thumb.JPG.8768d23aef5a203b14c7b77aceaec0a8.JPG

couple updated pics as i get  to finishing these up ill drop a few more pics. Superman and AF 15 are basically done. final outline and text to do still 

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

8 hours ago, davebo357 said:

Wow that is nice and orderly.  I say slap that smoke detector on the ceiling and cram one more poster in there! (unless it's hard-wired)

That smoke detector drives my OCD bananas. It's wired... If I could move it would have been on the ceiling long ago. The white wall spaces will continue to disappear over time though. I also really need to thin out the pile of longboxes. It's officially one row taller than I'd prefer so I gotta do something about that ASAP.

14 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Pic from tonight. Still tidying up a bit. I plan to get that stack of recent Batmans and Detectives filed by this weekend, but other that that I think the room is up-to-date. For now ;)

IMG_5318.jpeg

Awesome room.  However, I am instituting a new policy whereby if I don't see enough love paid to the God of Thunder in anyone's room decor, I am going to submit a formal request for ...

MORE THOR

:wink:

On 11/10/2018 at 9:01 PM, jdw1991 said:

Final wall update for 2018.  Added FF 48, SS 1, and Thor 142 & 160

fin18.jpg

Love this look, clean lines, no clutter and the books pop, very nice. Minimal but super classy. I really like this setup.

What shelves are you using and where did you get them?

23 hours ago, Lex_Luthor said:

Love this look, clean lines, no clutter and the books pop, very nice. Minimal but super classy. I really like this setup.

What shelves are you using and where did you get them?

On 7/13/2018 at 4:56 PM, davebo357 said:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubbermaid-Linen-6-ft-L-x-12-in-D-White-Wire-Shelf/3098543

Then instead of mounting it normally, you flip it backwards against the wall so that the 1' part is facing upwards and the 1" ledge is sticking out to hold your comics.  Get some of these to go along the bottom of it:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubbermaid-Fixed-Mount-Back-Clip/3277081

Then some of (and I can't seem to find a link right now) the "C" clamps that will be in the same section.  Sometimes they come with drywall anchors and screws but I just used straight drywall screws since they go along the top and aren't bearing much weight, just holding it to the wall.  Then because I'm just super paranoid about things falling from an earthquake or whatever, I ran some hanging wire across the whole thing so they can't ever fall forward, which I'll probably replace with fishing wire sometime.  The whole white grid doesn't look great, but the more packed with comics it is, the less of it you actually see.  You can tell in my photo what I did was just take two 6' sections and mount them next to each other, which is kind of a pain to line up perfectly.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:16 AM, Dave2739 said:

That smoke detector drives my OCD bananas. It's wired... If I could move it would have been on the ceiling long ago. The white wall spaces will continue to disappear over time though. I also really need to thin out the pile of longboxes. It's officially one row taller than I'd prefer so I gotta do something about that ASAP.

That is a real nice comic room you have there Dave and the storage is well done👏👏👍‼️