• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, wombat said:

So much Frazetta goodness.  (worship)

The Frazetta posters continue along the wall and around.  There are over 30 of them.

4 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Congratulations; very nice room;
could you post a close up picture of the OA cover of the Fantastic Four annual?
is One of my favorites cover...

4 hours ago, Stephen Gordon said:

I have seen some nice comic rooms.  This is the BEST.  So classy, clean, well designed. I would just spend every day sitting in that room.  WOW!  Are the sets behind the inserts?  Fantastic Four seems to be split up.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

The comic covers are laid out randomly (well, not randomly -- I took a lot of care to make sure no two covers that were too similar were adjacent, on the same row, etc.).  I tried to spread things out across the major titles / characters (for example, JIM and Thor count as one), with each of them getting a similar amount of representation.  Obviously there are multiple Spidey covers, FF covers, etc.  Trying to make the covers correspond to the contents of the drawers just wouldn't work given the vast disparities in issue counts -- a short run like Nick Fury or Silver Surfer would otherwise be swallowed up in a 90-book drawer, whereas AF/ASM takes up more than eight drawers because the whole top row is half-depth (45 books per drawer).

Again, I really appreciate the compliments ... I have been having so much fun with my collection the past two years (I got back into this in March 2017) and my only regret is not starting up again sooner!

17 hours ago, PKJ said:

Trying to organize a little better in the hobby room. Still have to pull out more loose Joe's for the display.

I want to do a Joe display ala Round dome in the center of the room. 

I am always buying Car parts, Ferrari collectibles, etc  and I bought a Ferrari Steering wheel from a guy in Los Angeles. When he shipped it he wrapped it in a copy of the La Times, Just so happened to be Stan Lee's Obituary and write up so I got two cool items in one.

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

I need a single rear landing gear to complete my Rattler. Surely you've got a spare somewhere in that pile of goodness! Shake it loose! :baiting:

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I need a single rear landing gear to complete my Rattler. Surely you've got a spare somewhere in that pile of goodness! Shake it loose! :baiting:

I wish I could help you but that parts plane gave up all it's parts to complete another one. If I find one in the spare bin you can have it.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:14 PM, PKJ said:

I wish I could help you but that parts plane gave up all it's parts to complete another one. If I find one in the spare bin you can have it.

Just giving you a hard time, my friend. They definitely don't grow on trees. I've been trying to find one that isn't bent/stressed at a not-crazy price for about a year now. The hunt continues! I never would have thought that I'd find a minty cockpit/turret glass with unbroken tabs before I found a nice landing strut, and yet that's how it worked out.

Thanks for the kind comments! It is in the basement. Windows were just replaced with triple pane (5 mm per pane) with 100% uv protection. There is a dehumidifier that is destined for the room.  The heat is forced air and in floor heating.  Environment should be good!

On 12/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, Robot Man said:

Man, that is a "man cave".  Ever have any girls in there?

On 12/29/2018 at 8:47 AM, spreads said:

That's what the bed is for.

tenor.gif.59d36f5b04a6b0809ee3518b8fda1803.gif

Edited by Dr. Balls