• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

Ha. It is eye trickery. The depth is the same. The length is shortened by 1.5 inches. The center is essentially a removable rectangle in case I ever move these drawer banks can be used for general storage by the new home owner.  So essentially the center frame can be slid laterally.  

On 1/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, Pete Marino said:

for cheaper art that I like to swap in and out, I used these by Bags Unlimited.

I've used them for about the last 8 years ago and nothing i've put in them has yellowed (but I also never put them in direct sunlight)

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/category/200/original-comic-art-frames

Those are intriguing, but it doesn’t look like the border notes would be visible. They seem to barely accommodate the finished art. Would the larger size afford a full view of the entire page?

26 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I will be moving next month, so a reworked comic room is pending. 

It’s most likely going to look a lot like the current room....

...at first! :shy:

I’m right there with you.  Just moved two days ago.  Just in time for ice and snow, haha.  Hopefully my new room will be better than the last.

Still working on the room.  I broke down and bought some of the BCW storage boxes.  These are pretty nice although they don't snap together like I was expecting.  They seem pretty sturdy so far.  I may end up picking up some more because of all the CGC books waiting for homes. The shorter ones are too short to hold mylars without folding over the top. 

IMG_3334.jpg

That's Sweet @NamesJay !! ^^ I wanted the Heman Sideshow real bad, but it sold out before I got around to it :( the one they have now is not as "good"!

Looks well organized.... what will you do if you buy any more PoPs?

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's Sweet @NamesJay !! ^^ I wanted the Heman Sideshow real bad, but it sold out before I got around to it :( the one they have now is not as "good"!

Looks well organized.... what will you do if you buy any more PoPs?

I've cut back quite a bit on the POP's as of late. If I end up getting more I'll take the larger stuff on the top shelf and move it to one of the wire comic racks.

I definitely need to organize the comic racks some more. There is a lot of space there for growth.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, NamesJay said:

I guess this is kind of cheating, since I have a collectibles room and a surplus room (dining room), but it's not like I'm going to cut back on collecting :-)

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Great stuff!

Who are the sketches of the women & who are they drawn by? Lisner? I recognized the Baroness/Mystique? but not the others

52 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Great stuff!

Who are the sketches of the women & who are they drawn by? Lisner? I recognized the Baroness/Mystique? but not the others

Baroness is by Natali Sanders.

The middle sketch (above Serpentor's left shoulder) appears to be Soulfire by Michael Turner.  If that's actual Michael Turner OA, god almighty I'll be jealous.