• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, tv horror said:

That's a portrait of my late parents painted by my nephew, both died when I was a child my mother at age 7 and my father two days into my fourteenth birthday. Thanks for asking Dave.(thumbsu

Geez, well there's no reason I should recognize that at all I guess.  I just thought with all the horror memorabilia maybe it was on a wall in the Addams Family or something.  If CGC graded on sentimental value I'm sure it'd be a 9.8!

@tv horror :golfclap: Now THAT is a collection I can endorse! I wish I'd held onto all of my Sideshow 12" monster figures (and the little big heads too.) It's really great stuff. Love the collection!

10 hours ago, Jayman said:

@tv horror wonderful figures! Are they custom? And what size are they? Would love to see closeups of London After Midnight and Phibes.:wishluck: Love the Creepy and Eerie masks too! Tremendous collection! (worship)

The Phibes and London after midnight are 12" figures, midnight is by Sideshow and the Phibes by Majestic the best thing about the Phibes is you get two outfits and two sets of heads and arms all you need is another body. Also there are some custom figures that I kit bashed myself, thanks for the comment Jay.(thumbsu

vincent-price-abominable-dr-phibes-12_1_0aea9188d1c9561cba96ee9cf1fb876a.jpg

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

@tv horror :golfclap: Now THAT is a collection I can endorse! I wish I'd held onto all of my Sideshow 12" monster figures (and the little big heads too.) It's really great stuff. Love the collection!

I intend to get a better camera to do it justice as there is even more to see, I like your Avatar I can just see your cat thinking "OMG not another selfie will this Hell ever end? Okay get it over with quick."

14651.thumb.jpg.db9bbcb5bd6d20289e4193cabb2c95a0.jpg

Edited by tv horror

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I intend to get a better camera to do it justice as there is even more to see, I like your Avatar I can just see your cat thinking "OMG not another selfie will this Hell ever end? Okay get it over with quick."

14651.thumb.jpg.db9bbcb5bd6d20289e4193cabb2c95a0.jpg

To be fair, he (my cat Bob) is a maniac, and has earned this indignity a thousand times over. For the number of window blinds he's shredded alone, he should have to balance a marker on his head 10 times over.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:51 PM, tv horror said:

@1950's war comics

@Gnasher

@oakman29

@FoggyNelson

@Cushing Fan

@peewee22

I invite you all into my Crypt filled with all types of goodness please forgive the glare, also there are even more treasures in the sequel coming soon to a tour near you, enjoy.:bigsmile:

P.S the artwork on the double doors are copies (But what's behind the doors????????????). 

P.P.S Feel free to ask any questions.

your room is better than being at Toys-R-Us !!!!

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

The Phibes and London after midnight are 12" figures, midnight is by Sideshow and the Phibes by Majestic the best thing about the Phibes is you get two outfits and two sets of heads and arms all you need is another body. Also there are some custom figures that I kit bashed myself, thanks for the comment Jay.(thumbsu

Was White Zombie a kit bash? Love that one too!

45 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

your room is better than being at Toys-R-Us !!!!

I'll tell you a better one I did all the woodwork within the room no trips to Ikea for me, also the cases at the windows are on wheels so that I can move them anywhere I need too. I'd do anything for my "little crypt dwellers":bigsmile: 

1 hour ago, BabaLament said:

Hello all! I can't remember how many hours of overtime I had to work to make this happen, but it was all worth it. My comics lounge/office is finally done. Did sixteen feet of wall-to-wall comic storage cabinets in oak w/ birch interior. Due to the weight of fully loaded comic boxes, the support frame of the shelves is aluminum tube. Each cabinet can hold 20 BCW short boxes (cardboard), 16 of the BCW graded comic boxes (cardboard), and/or 16 of the new BCW raw/graded snap-together plastic boxes (which I really like & am converting to over time). I didn't want to sacrifice too much space in the room, so I didn't build in enough depth for long boxes; so I'm in the process of converting long boxes over to short boxes. Put out a display of Alien(s), Mass Effect, Marvel, and Overwatch Funko Pop's above the cabinet space, as well as the rear surround-sound speakers. Seating for 12 for movie/game nights, my office/desk setup, and (as a Blizzard nut) the Funko Pop characters necessary to simulate a Heroes of the Storm character select screen. The only things I have remaining is to hang the art back on the wall. I have the entire 2016 Carnage series in a massive frame that's ready to go up on the wall (you can see the top of it poking out in the first photo along the wall), but I'm taking a break after cleaning up the room and dragging all this stuff down here today. ;) Anyhow, hope you like! I'm giving serious consideration to building these cabinets and selling them, since I wasn't able to find a large scale retail comic storage solution.

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

This is amazing!  If you are in a city big enough to appeal to collectors I'm sure you would have people willing to pay you for help in constructing something!  Are the cabinets connected at the bottom?  In your last pic it looks like the cabinet has interior walls, but in the third picture it looks open, e.g. the short boxes extend past the cupboard they're in?

1 hour ago, BabaLament said:

Hello all! I can't remember how many hours of overtime I had to work to make this happen, but it was all worth it. My comics lounge/office is finally done. Did sixteen feet of wall-to-wall comic storage cabinets in oak w/ birch interior. Due to the weight of fully loaded comic boxes, the support frame of the shelves is aluminum tube. Each cabinet can hold 20 BCW short boxes (cardboard), 16 of the BCW graded comic boxes (cardboard), and/or 16 of the new BCW raw/graded snap-together plastic boxes (which I really like & am converting to over time). I didn't want to sacrifice too much space in the room, so I didn't build in enough depth for long boxes; so I'm in the process of converting long boxes over to short boxes. Put out a display of Alien(s), Mass Effect, Marvel, and Overwatch Funko Pop's above the cabinet space, as well as the rear surround-sound speakers. Seating for 12 for movie/game nights, my office/desk setup, and (as a Blizzard nut) the Funko Pop characters necessary to simulate a Heroes of the Storm character select screen. The only things I have remaining is to hang the art back on the wall. I have the entire 2016 Carnage series in a massive frame that's ready to go up on the wall (you can see the top of it poking out in the first photo along the wall), but I'm taking a break after cleaning up the room and dragging all this stuff down here today. ;) Anyhow, hope you like! I'm giving serious consideration to building these cabinets and selling them, since I wasn't able to find a large scale retail comic storage solution.

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

Wow! What a great setup. I’m jealous at the amount of space you have dedicated to your home theatre, comics, computer, etc.

Please post pics when you have your art hung up on the wall!