• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

Finally got my books moved into their new boxes and home.  It's not a lot of real estate, but it works really well for my set up and keeps them close to me at all times :headbang:

Comic racks 1.jpg

Comic Racks 2.jpg

comic racks 3.jpg

comic racks 4.jpg

I like the all black! Maybe it's only the pics, but it looks like it's hidden ...

Or at least non-descript.. enough that maybe whoever isn't supposed to notice it wont..

Lol I don't know what I'm saying lol

Looks great!

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, Comical Situations said:

Finally got my books moved into their new boxes and home.  It's not a lot of real estate, but it works really well for my set up and keeps them close to me at all times :headbang:

Very nice setup! I'm also using black wire racks with the BCW bins. The all black works well in any room, and it's not entirely obvious you're storing comics (well at least to a non-collector).

After posting the above photos I decided to hang the two remaining items that were in the closet.

Still have not figured out how I am going to display the loose figures.

There is a story about the Spider-Man painting, that was painted freehand on a canvas by an old friend, I came home from work one day back in 98 and the painting was sitting outside my door with a note that read...

"I am leaving town and cannot take this with me and you are the only person I know that would appreciate it as much as I do".

Painting title, date and artist are written on the frame in the back.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

E7-Spider-Man Wall Clock.JPG

A2-Assorted 1990's Loose Figures.jpg

A3-1990's Assorted Loose Figures.jpg

I really do not have that much info on it, it was given to me for Christmas back in 91/92, I have no idea where it was even purchased.

There are no markings anywhere on it that would indicate anything about it.

When I moved and took new pics and made a new/up to date list for the insurance company I tried a Google search to get an idea of date or any info and was not able to find out anything about it.

I saw this before, it's a clock made out of a poster, the poster is laminated to 1/4" foam board, it's cut with a scroll saw to the desired shape, a clock kit is fastened and they are finished with some type of acrylic clear coat ( like the stuff they put on bar tops) I have one made out of a different poster. I got mine at a local comic shop in 1990

I found a few of my old comic book record sets. I think I used to listen to them on a small suitcase type record player. But I've heard those are bad for records. Still I'm thinking about setting something up as I used to listen to those records a lot.