• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

Overall it was both an Amazing and Frustrating experience....It became very frustrating trying to decide which comics to hang....I quickly realized I wasnt going to have nearly enough room to hang everything I wanted, I only got to hang around 40% of what I wanted...I found myself constantly trying to decide between which comics to hang...Overall though I'm very happy.

Wish I had that problem (:

What a great collection on display and the nice thing is, you can switch and swap out the ones you have up with the other ones you wanted to have up at anytime for some variety.

Edited by Antpark

On 6/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, MrWalkingDead said:

I built some sweet crates for all my books- i take the lids around to comic shows and get them sketched on and signed-  its always fun cruising a comic show with a big hunk of wood under your arm--- atone show i lady stopped my and asked to take a picture of me with my plank-- she thought i was a character from Ed, Edd and Eddie-  pretty funny--- 

IMG_2870.thumb.JPG.a1a5ff21480d5282b774e84a82bb0ee2.jpg

IMG_2871.thumb.JPG.12d877daf33a23839b611646d4a64846.jpg

That's awesome did you get some to do the graphics? 

16 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

Ok, so I just wanted to give a quick recap of whats been going on.

for as long as I've had my comics I've always wanted to hang my Keys on The walls, Unfortunately Until 7 Months ago I was the Least experienced Collector ON EARTH, I had never been to any forums, Never joined any face book groups, I truly had never talked to anyone about comics except my father and Grandfather....sadly They both Passed recently, My dad in November, after his death, I eventually found This forum, which Then resulted in a completely new world to me. one of the many things I learned about was "J-Channel"(LOL)

as I said I always wanted to hang my comics, but honestly never really knew a good way to do it. quickly after finding this forum I saw pictures of collections hung with J Channel and knew that is what I wanted to do....

I never really got around to it, about a month ago, I came across a deal where I got a bunch of free Pictures frames....I started hanging some of my comics using the pictures frames....I liked it but Ultimately knew I wanted to go with J -Channel...but hanging the comics with Pictures frames, finally gave me the motivation to go buy The J-Channel and Get started....

Its taken about a week, But I'm done, I'm officially out of room in The comic book room...Ended up Having 2 Marvel Walls and 1 DC wall.

Overall it was both an Amazing and Frustrating experience....It became very frustrating trying to decide which comics to hang....I quickly realized I wasnt going to have nearly enough room to hang everything I wanted, I only got to hang around 40% of what I wanted...I found myself constantly trying to decide between which comics to hang...Overall though I'm very happy.

just wanted to share the final pictures and hoping for the some comments(good or bad)...

thanks

20190618_090214.jpg

20190618_090245.jpg

20190618_090259.jpg

20190618_090308.jpg

20190618_090400.jpg

20190618_090422.jpg

20190618_090446.jpg

20190618_090458.jpg

awesome collection you have some great books there, the only thing I would suggest is maybe getting some books CGC graded to protect them, but if your not into that and like them Raw I would at the bare min. at least suggest getting some E gerber mylars and full back boards as I think some of your poly bags are really old and starting to get saggy and look old (could be the pic) just guessing from what I see, you can see it on the ASM and Fantastic four books. It will look really nice in the Mylars and at least protect them better than the poly bags which have a short shelf life and could cause damage. just my 2c

1 hour ago, billbrown7080 said:

quick question

I added another half row on one of the walls, I wanted to get some early spider-man in there....but I'm not sure I like the half row....Thinking about taken it down and just putting a full row up...

Just wanted some opinions on the half row with the Spider-Mam, does in look goofy or out of place

thanks

20190619_173206.jpg

20190619_173217.jpg

The sheer number of keys in your collection is jaw dropping.

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

The sheer number of keys in your collection is jaw dropping.

thank you so much for the compliment...My collection is truly my most prized possession and I feel astonishingly grateful to have it...

I do have a lot of Keys, Thats one reason why I've always wanted to Hang Them, To see how they would all look up together...but to be honest, as I said early in the post, while I absolutely love and enjoyed hanging them all...It also was an incredibly frustrating experience, because I quickly realized I wasnt going to have nearly enough room to have all or most of My Keys...Obviously I decided to Go with Most Of the Major Keys, But I only actually hung about 40% of what I wanted....There are so many Medium and Small KEYS that I love and I want so badly to have been able to hang... I've been constantly going to the comic book room looking around trying to think of a way to add more, But I'm just completely out of room...

anyways,again  Thanks for the comment....

7 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

thank you so much for the compliment...My collection is truly my most prized possession and I feel astonishingly grateful to have it...

I do have a lot of Keys, Thats one reason why I've always wanted to Hang Them, To see how they would all look up together...but to be honest, as I said early in the post, while I absolutely love and enjoyed hanging them all...It also was an incredibly frustrating experience, because I quickly realized I wasnt going to have nearly enough room to have all or most of My Keys...Obviously I decided to Go with Most Of the Major Keys, But I only actually hung about 40% of what I wanted....There are so many Medium and Small KEYS that I love and I want so badly to have been able to hang... I've been constantly going to the comic book room looking around trying to think of a way to add more, But I'm just completely out of room...

Don't forget the ceiling!  :p

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

10 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

That makes it easy then. Replace the 1/2 row with a full row. More comics is always the answer. 

I'm quite sad....I have no idea what to do with this giant Hulk Poster.

I've had in hung up in my comic room since 2008, Its kinda rare....I got it from a guy who worked at Blockbuster, Its the Promotional poster they gave out to Blockbuster to hang in their windows when it came out on DVD in 2008...Its Huge, Its actually 4 Posters put together...

I've always loved it but I had to take it down to hang my keys with J Channel...

I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a way to get it back in the comic room but there truly is no room...

lol I'm actually thinking about hanging on the ceiling ....

1517450665959.jpg

13 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I got 1 final update...ended up deciding to add a few more rows...

wanted to post some pictures.... again any comments(Good or bad) would be great, I and also added some of The duplicates to some of the keys hanging, wanted to hear some opinions on if They look weird bunched together or did look better originally with just the one book.

thanks

20190620_234730.jpg

20190620_234817.jpg

@billbrown7080

awesome collection, if I had that many valuable comics hanging on my wall I would be nervous as hell and my OCD would be driving me crazy about damage or theft, but I would change the bags on those comics some of those bags look old and are probably damaging the comics. 

but awesome collection do you ever think about putting some of the more valuable ones in a Display case that offers a bit of protection? As even without direct sunlight other lights do emit UV light and can fade comics over time. 

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/comic-book-showcase-silver-uv

There are many others on Amazon as well. 

Also if you don't like those white J channels they have clear channels too that you can use 

thank you...

Believe it or not....Every comic I own has new bags and backers as of 2015....

I've never really thought about Display Protection because Until recently, My Comics have basically Been Boxed.

I Inherited the collection in 2013, It took around 2 years to go through it, buy new bags and backers for every issue, New boxes and Grade every issue...and since Then My dad became extremely ill where I became his sole caretaker before he passed in November. but basically during this time My collection just sat around in Boxes....Its only The last 7 months since his passing and since I joined this forum and Others that I've started to hang comics...I dont have Kids or anything so I'm not worried about damage or accidents. and I dont let anyone in my comic room so I dont worry about theft(or at least Theft by anyone I know)

I did recently upgrade to an amazing Security system for my house and I got an insurance policy for my collection.

I've had many people tell I should get Mylar for my Keys...But To be honest I've got Near 1,700 Keys and It would cost a ton to get that many for my keys...also for me personally I've never had any issues or problems with using regular Bag and backers.

I might Be a little more convinced to use the Mylar If My Major Keys were Like 9.4s or 9.8s....I know A ton of collectors only buy the the extremely high grade comics and I could completely understand wanted to use Mylar and extra protection for those...but My Major Keys are in the 4.0 to 8.0 range(of course I got a few lower and higher) but The Majority of my collection are Mid-grade .

If I could ever find like an extremely great deal on Mylar in Bulk, I might consider getting some....But as I said, between 2013 and 2015...I bought New bags and Backers for what turned out to be near 100 Boxes of comics...I didnt really keep track of how much I spent, but It was a lot

Edited by billbrown7080

1 hour ago, billbrown7080 said:

thank you...

Believe it or not....Every comic I own has new bags and backers as of 2015....

I've never really thought about Display Protection because Until recently, My Comics have basically Been Boxed.

I Inherited the collection in 2013, It took around 2 years to go through it, buy new bags and backers for every issue, New boxes and Grade every issue...and since Then My dad became extremely ill where I became his sole caretaker before he passed in November. but basically during this time My collection just sat around in Boxes....Its only The last 7 months since his passing and since I joined this forum and Others that I've started to hang comics...I dont have Kids or anything so I'm not worried about damage or accidents. and I dont let anyone in my comic room so I dont worry about theft(or at least Theft by anyone I know)

I did recently upgrade to an amazing Security system for my house and I got an insurance policy for my collection.

I've had many people tell I should get Mylar for my Keys...But To be honest I've got Near 1,700 Keys and It would cost a ton to get that many for my keys...also for me personally I've never had any issues or problems with using regular Bag and backers.

I might Be a little more convinced to use the Mylar If My Major Keys were Like 9.4s or 9.8s....I know A ton of collectors only buy the the extremely high grade comics and I could completely understand wanted to use Mylar and extra protection for those...but My Major Keys are in the 4.0 to 8.0 range(of course I got a few lower and higher) but The Majority of my collection are Mid-grade .

If I could ever find like an extremely great deal on Mylar in Bulk, I might consider getting some....But as I said, between 2013 and 2015...I bought New bags and Backers for what turned out to be near 100 Boxes of comics...I didnt really keep track of how much I spent, but It was a lot

ok that's cool, sorry about your Dad.:angel:

Just some personal advice since you mentioned that the books were stored in boxes and you are now just starting to display them. I would keep the Major keys stored away unless you really wanted them out to look at for personal reasons etc.. and I get that, but as you dive more into this hobby and read on the forums you will find a ton of information about displaying your comics or storing them with minimizing the damage they will get from Light sources (UV) light (Sun light, Light bulbs, etc..) and about the room's humidity and temperature as this was the damage I was mostly talking about. For me personally if I had a collection that amazing from my dad I would want to do everything and anything in my power to maintain their condition and protect them but also want to enjoy them so I understand the appeal of displaying them. 

About the Poly Bags, just keep in mind generally those bags depending on room conditions such as temperature and humidity can degrade over time, sometimes slower than usual, but they last 3-7 years; and can get a yellowing or stickiness to it or get wavy like the ones I see in the picture, As the plastic breaks down; where Mylar lasts a little longer ( many claims 50+ years) . What I would do is buy 100 mylar bags and full back boards, which would probably run you 150$ and put the ones on display in those bags I would start with your Spiderman wall with Hulk 181 etc.. on as that looks to be your most expensive wall.

AS for collectors, many on this board including myself  collect lower grade or mid grade books. For SA "9.8 isn't only thought of grade for a high grade" I consider 8+ high grade and those mid grade books do command a price. A nice penny mind you lol   

image.png.9fcd1e1969b976455e79e5e98c60a0be.png

image.png

Edited by Krishosein
grammar

5 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

lol i think this should be the final update...I truly have no more room.

20190621_152442.jpg

Great idea turning the filing cabinet for more room! What about adding a few in that space to the right of the cabinet? I guess maybe you wouldn't be able to open the drawer without impacting the books if they were there? Anyways I love the whole setup!

Ok there's s couple more frames I have left. One (the smaller frame) would go right above the venom frame the other where the secret wars poster is. I'll move the secret wars where asm 306 is then move the 306 somewhere? Maybe under the asm 1?... never enough room :taptaptap: 

Unfortunately the positioning of the lamp messes with the lighting but it's the best I could do for time being

20190623_004355.jpg

20190623_004110.jpg

20190623_001229.jpg