• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Neat.  Is that designed for displaying forward-facing comics?  Is it on any kind of incline so they don't fall forward or you just leave them leaning back a little?

Just lean them back I guess. 

Love It! @fmaz :) The Hulk vs Wolverine on the lasy susan is a nice touch, I've done the same :) 

Are the Cap and Red Skull statue's Bowen?

I wish mine looked like a lot of peoples, with fresh pain on the walls and no dust lol anyone want to come redo my room? :roflmao: 

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Love It! @fmaz :) The Hulk vs Wolverine on the lasy susan is a nice touch, I've done the same :) 

Are the Cap and Red Skull statue's Bowen?

I wish mine looked like a lot of peoples, with fresh pain on the walls and no dust lol anyone want to come redo my room? :roflmao: 

Yup that’s a Bowen pair... I love those two.  I know most stuff is so much bigger now but I really like those.  

Hey, the fresh paint, I feel ya.  We finally did a repaint in conjunction with a larger renovation project.  But a dusting? I think you can handle that yourself!!  :D 

8 hours ago, fmaz said:

I think, this week, I officially started calling this a “comic room”... even though in reality it’s been one for years.  The difference? I finally got sick and tired of digging through the closet when I wanted to pull out comics (I had my long boxes stacked in there with my supplies) and rearranged everything so it’s now easily accessible.  The doors of the closet no longer close but it looks so much better (and I don’t have to keep a few long boxes on the floor anymore).   It’s not a wild as some of the amazing stuff I’ve seen above, but it’s very me! The goal is to continue to add comic art to every available wall inch when I can... along with a few more statues.

CC50B3C9-20DC-4468-926E-817371EDB968.thumb.jpeg.b2f2afb58b71e9cab969c4d85dfb47be.jpeg

7E31EB62-A89D-4151-9331-2B053B5A4B1D.thumb.jpeg.9a8ea1347576c0d5323692e93942d7e0.jpeg

90E0A884-853C-4770-9B6A-329AA6F4C9DD.thumb.jpeg.7aa08e91b6765c8bd424bbbc96dd5bbe.jpeg

A1591E1E-1060-432E-AC82-10CA18D2D955.thumb.jpeg.c3c33f413e23b20792b46deb27af62db.jpeg

74216CB3-0A52-4447-AFAC-BA66B27DD724.thumb.jpeg.c667d1fa1b6716584b388328c0e76881.jpeg

3BC82E20-A479-437D-93E8-F53E3E89865A.thumb.jpeg.3e1576cadf70528861554c5204564b03.jpeg

3BC0552A-61FA-4370-91BE-18AE660D67BB.thumb.jpeg.7c235fda6a839aa5b5a5730b04fcc8c2.jpeg

Very nice to have room for your hobby !! 

13 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Some comics, a little bit of Joes, & Transformers. There’s a few custom items I made including furniture lol 

75661CB7-4BD7-4845-BF4A-059FD24F06CC.jpeg

I know you've posted it before but I love that custom FLAGG.  I haven't see that coffee table yet.  That's great.  Finally sold my Killer Whale and Skystriker last year so it's nice to see them around.

23 hours ago, davebo357 said:

I know you've posted it before but I love that custom FLAGG.  I haven't see that coffee table yet.  That's great.  Finally sold my Killer Whale and Skystriker last year so it's nice to see them around.

Thanks man! The coffee table ended up being a good solution to the space issue I was having. Previously the Whales were in places where you couldn't see them that well.

On 9/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Some comics, a little bit of Joes, & Transformers. There’s a few custom items I made including furniture lol 

75661CB7-4BD7-4845-BF4A-059FD24F06CC.jpeg

FF72266D-8E23-4D8B-8E6A-AEE10B325C5C.jpeg

I love the custom job on your USS Flagg!  How did you construct that substructure?  Is it painted plywood?

2 hours ago, Gonzimodo said:

I love the custom job on your USS Flagg!  How did you construct that substructure?  Is it painted plywood?

Thanks! Are you on instagram? I got some more details of the Flagg on there. Someday I want to do a you tube video if I can figure out all the editing stuff. It was definitely a labor of love. I probably spent about 100 hours on it. Its painted plywood and 5 and 1/2" blocks. I should have turned on the lights for these pictures. Its got windows and stickers to match the top deck. I actually redid the top deck stickers to be glow in the dark but have it look like the original. I also put in panels from my childhood Mobile Command Center. Dremeling took forever lol. A section of the lower hanger even has a custom staircase and cat walk with railings.

Other custom items from these pics is the 95' Unreleased Sea Wolf (grey whale), grey rattler to match the whale, side show Storm Shadow, Kenwood Stereo Cabinet black light display, and the Conan i put together from a model kit.

No, I'm not currently on Instagram, but that's easy enough to remedy.

I noticed some of that extra detail in the substructure, too, but I wasn't sure what you had cannibalized to make it.  It looks great. as does the whole room!

I really like that coffee table.  Is that just an acrylic case below a glass coffee table, or is there something fancier going on there?  It's hard for me to tell from the angle of the pictures. (shrug)

2 hours ago, Gonzimodo said:

No, I'm not currently on Instagram, but that's easy enough to remedy.

I noticed some of that extra detail in the substructure, too, but I wasn't sure what you had cannibalized to make it.  It looks great. as does the whole room!

I really like that coffee table.  Is that just an acrylic case below a glass coffee table, or is there something fancier going on there?  It's hard for me to tell from the angle of the pictures. (shrug)

Thanks. There's a couple panels of the MCC I cut out that holds the missiles so I can have them mounted on the wall. :smile:

Yep the coffee table has a metal shelf underneath the top so I had an acrylic case put together to go on top of it. It came out pretty nice. I was going to use glass but didn't want any accidents. ikea sells a smaller coffee table that is used like this too Ikea Sammahang

I was tempted to use that one but It would only hold one Whale and was too low to ground I felt like.

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

Please tell me that OA is under UV protected archival glass!!!That direct sunlight from the window could be a KILLER

even under that type of glass it will still cause some damage from the sun. black out curtains would help much more.