• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Badlands said:

There is no holder for it. I took mine to Staples and got it laminated for $10. Then hung it from the ceiling and weighed it down with two Superman items.

20180802_170531.jpg

20180802_170600.jpg

Awesome close-up pictures.  Now I want this poster even more.  :luhv:

On 10/27/2019 at 1:09 PM, ThothAmon said:

Doc Savage. Plus some excellent reads. 

915E05AE-3E5A-4100-84B9-2703FB3044CC.jpeg

I love the early Bowen stuff. I used to have the Lovecraft and Cthulu busts, wish I'd held onto them.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, BOLORINO said:

Mine stated as a Home Theater room, then became a home theater/comic room, then, home theater/comic/figure/slot car track room...😁and finally I had to ask the wife for some space in living room for the statues...😬

that is really awesome i kind of want to do the action figures now and pose them like that for ASM 1-10 

15 hours ago, Krismusic said:

that is really awesome i kind of want to do the action figures now and pose them like that for ASM 1-10 

That was my plan innitially...  I wanted to display ASM 1-10 but then I realized I had space to display 12 comics and that I also wanted to include Scorpion, Rhino... so I just chose to display ASM's with the villain on cover instead of just 1-10. 

If watch the videos, the shelves a pretty easy to make (just ikea shelves) with a trim to hide the LED lights. Thanks ! 👍

1 hour ago, BOLORINO said:

That was my plan innitially...  I wanted to display ASM 1-10 but then I realized I had space to display 12 comics and that I also wanted to include Scorpion, Rhino... so I just chose to display ASM's with the villain on cover instead of just 1-10. 

If watch the videos, the shelves a pretty easy to make (just ikea shelves) with a trim to hide the LED lights. Thanks ! 👍

yeah I watched the video and good idea for the fishing wire to hang them in the air in their poses.. 

I was going to try this by trying to find statues that might be similar to the covers but haven't found any.. the action figures though match enough.. 

great work. 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, BOLORINO said:

Mine stated as a Home Theater room, then became a home theater/comic room, then, home theater/comic/figure/slot car track room...😁and finally I had to ask the wife for some space in living room for the statues...😬

LOVING THIS!!! :cloud9:  :applause: :golfclap: :luhv:

Also wanted to add a pic of the first additions to my comic room in about ten years.

I did not read these books, but I love the cover art, so they are being displayed in UV protected frames.

F9-Marvel Comics #1000 Variant Covers-Framed.jpg

11 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

LOVING THIS!!! :cloud9:  :applause: :golfclap: :luhv:

Also wanted to add a pic of the first additions to my comic room in about ten years.

I did not read these books, but I love the cover art, so they are being displayed in UV protected frames.

F9-Marvel Comics #1000 Variant Covers-Framed.jpg

Thanks !  Great books 👏 I'm a big Spider-man fan and I love all the covers too.

You are right about the UV protection.  UV can destroy the books quickly so I changed all my lights to LED and installed UV film and curtains on all my windows.

13 hours ago, BOLORINO said:

You are right about the UV protection.  UV can destroy the books quickly so I changed all my lights to LED and installed UV film and curtains on all my windows.

I moved into a new apartment back in March and the bed sits right up against the window, I enjoy looking out so the blinds are always about 1/4 the way up.

The sheets on the bed are Dark Blue and the sun faded the top of the sheet and pillow case to almost white in less than two weeks.

13 hours ago, BOLORINO said:

Thanks !  Great books 👏 I'm a big Spider-man fan and I love all the covers too.

ahh nice I saw the black out curtains on your windows. 

I would still want to build something like this specially with those valuable comics in a closed closet or cabinet. but I will probably copy the led and using fishing wire with the action figures or statues thing. Like I would put the books and action figures in the cabinet you have your statues in I think it would be cooler in there. 

4 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

I moved into a new apartment back in March and the bed sits right up against the window, I enjoy looking out so the blinds are always about 1/4 the way up.

The sheets on the bed are Dark Blue and the sun faded the top of the sheet and pillow case to almost white in less than two weeks.

yeah I dont think people understand that comics exposed to any light will still fade its just about how much light and how much time. 

if you had LoE coated glass you wouldn't have gotten much of that fade but apartment buildings glass is usually clear glass and steel window frames so it probably intensifies the heat and allows 100% of the UV to come in.. 

maybe sunscreen might help lol 

:signfunny:

10 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah I dont think people understand that comics exposed to any light will still fade its just about how much light and how much time. 

if you had LoE coated glass you wouldn't have gotten much of that fade but apartment buildings glass is usually clear glass and steel window frames so it probably intensifies the heat and allows 100% of the UV to come in.. 

maybe sunscreen might help lol 

:signfunny:

Or White sheets, Walmart was out of them at the time, so...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

9AEEB6F5-5455-4DAB-B8DB-6B4AD4A01F1B.jpeg

Heh, kinda looks like my room. I had to pack all my books and stuff up when I moved a year and a half ago, and they're still sitting where the movers stacked them up during the load out. I should probably take care of that . . . eventually.