• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2019 at 6:52 AM, GARYSTAR said:

The comics in the Golden Record sets are reprints (with some changes), I'm unaware and have never seen any official re-issues of the records or reprints of the reprint comics. There were only the four Marvel sets. According to the ad on the back of the comics there was also a Batman set and a Superman set and there have been numerous record/comic sets issued by other distributors (some are showing in my 14th picture).  

I have to look into this some more. Thanks for mentioning the Superman. I found a Superman record without the sleeve a while ago and just stored it away. I didn't pay attention to the details. But I guess that is another I have. But no comic to that one.

1 hour ago, davebo357 said:

Some may remember me posting a ways back about my friend that's moving in with us, and the wall of comics I moved to his bedroom here.  We're still working on the transition but this Saturday I rented a Uhaul and we got the rest (~170 short boxes) of his collection into a stage facility.  Boy were we sore on Sunday.  So it may not be as decorative as my comic book room here at the house, but this is his comic book room:

2019-12-21-mikes.comics.after.jpg

Wow, can you imagine somebody opening that door up on Storage Wars???

Maybe time to downsize a little...

On 12/18/2019 at 3:19 AM, Dave2739 said:

As much as I love EVERYTHING in these photos, it's the Presto Magix that give me the nostalgia feels. Now THAT brings back some memories. Bravo:golfclap:

I remember those Marx Marvel Character figures well. Came in bins in the market. Oh, how me and my brother would whine at my mom for them as well as the Marx Nutty Mad figures...

On 12/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, davebo357 said:

Some may remember me posting a ways back about my friend that's moving in with us, and the wall of comics I moved to his bedroom here.  We're still working on the transition but this Saturday I rented a Uhaul and we got the rest (~170 short boxes) of his collection into a storage facility.  Boy were we sore on Sunday.  So it may not be as decorative as my comic book room here at the house, but this is his comic book room:

2019-12-21-mikes.comics.after.jpg

Climate controlled I hope. 

1 hour ago, Mephisto said:

Finally getting to put some stuff together in our new place. Started off building up around the Marvel arcade cabinet...maybe should have went higher on the wall. There are just so many paintings I’m a little worried I might not maximize wall space as best I could.

I still have a long way to go...

3DC05C7B-8B4B-4BE7-A5B8-696C64EA03C3.jpeg

3295BF42-8903-472E-B239-4B6AB6D8ED63.jpeg

87DEB1DD-31D1-4721-AD84-C650EBCA01A6.jpeg

Sweet TMNT Cabinet too? Super Jealous :) 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:08 PM, davebo357 said:

Yeah I think it said 72 degrees. 4th floor so no flooding, but we put down a plastic sheet in case someone in an adjacent room spills something.

is there room to put a pallet in there to keep the boxes off the floor?

2 hours ago, jdw1991 said:

is there room to put a pallet in there to keep the boxes off the floor?

It'd take multiple pallets but sure.  I'm not inclined to help lift 170 boxes out of there again and put them back in on top of pallets though.  I think anything of significant value he's keeping in the other ~70 boxes at the house.