• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Badlands said:

Want to share my latest wall additions to my Nerd Cave. The 2 piece poster set Marvel/DC crossover that never happened, with art by none other than my favorite artist, John Byrne!

The second and third pics are for frames of reference. Sorry about the glare!

20200124_185625.jpg

Wowza !!  That's a HUGE comic book room !!  :applause:

10 hours ago, Senormac said:

It is, lol.  Almost the entire finished basement.  When we moved in my wife said "hey, you can have this whole side for your nerd cave if you want".  If I want?!  Yes please and thank you!

2 hours ago, Badlands said:
12 hours ago, Senormac said:

It is, lol.  Almost the entire finished basement.  When we moved in my wife said "hey, you can have this whole side for your nerd cave if you want".  If I want?!  Yes please and thank you!

I almost hate to say it, cuz I'm sure you must instinctively know, but I'd hate myself if I didn't and something happened.  

Basement.  Comic books.  Made of paper.  I hope you'll be keeping them up on shelves in case.....of flooding or water seepage God forbid !!  

12 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I almost hate to say it, cuz I'm sure you must instinctively know, but I'd hate myself if I didn't and something happened.  

Basement.  Comic books.  Made of paper.  I hope you'll be keeping them up on shelves in case.....of flooding or water seepage God forbid !!  

Absolutely, yes. We moved in here about a year-and-a-half ago, and at my old house the basement did Flood, 2 in of water. Luckily I had everything off the floor then, as I do now. Plus, I made it a point to get a couple tons of dirt and shored up the foundation on the outside. Knock on wood please, I should be good to go.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:20 PM, Senormac said:

And the ironic part?  We move in to this new home as I make the decision to start reducing my collection, so I have no need of all that space lol.  However, as I'm reducing my comic book collection, I'm increasing my vintage Marvel poster collection, so wall space is the premium; I now have 18 pieces.

29 minutes ago, Badlands said:
On 1/24/2020 at 7:20 PM, Senormac said:

And the ironic part?  We move in to this new home as I make the decision to start reducing my collection, so I have no need of all that space lol.  However, as I'm reducing my comic book collection, I'm increasing my vintage Marvel poster collection, so wall space is the premium; I now have 18 pieces.

I too have more "artwork" than wallspace at my house.  It comes down to which pieces do I like looking at the most.  Some just never get old. 

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

I installed poster flippers so I can cycle through 20 11 x 17 posters.  They come in different sizes. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:10 PM, dupont2005 said:

The beginnings of a humble 3’x3’ comic book closet but I’m glad to have it 😀

60275B2C-C5FA-4A82-AE51-52F5481FBE9F.jpeg

What is that drawing on the top?  Looks like a ninja turtle...but drawn on an envelope?  :popcorn:

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:01 PM, Badlands said:

Want to share my latest wall additions to my Nerd Cave. The 2 piece poster set Marvel/DC crossover that never happened, with art by none other than my favorite artist, John Byrne!

The second and third pics are for frames of reference. Sorry about the glare!

20200124_185603.jpg

Man, these posters are fantastic!!  Where did you get them? 

AWESOME!

36 minutes ago, an99 said:

Man, these posters are fantastic!!  Where did you get them? 

AWESOME!

There's actually a story behind that. I went to a local comic shop that I haven't been to in quite some time, its run by the same owner since the late 70's. He had a beat up copy of this on his wall, all torn up and weathered. Me being a big Marvel poster guy and never having seen this, I offered to buy it from him. As expected he said no, so when I got home I immediately started my search. At the time there was only one offered on Ebay and they wanted $400...no way lol. So I picked mine up at Amazon, mint condition still in the original cellophane tube! Couldn't be happier with a $60 investment!

26 minutes ago, Badlands said:

There's actually a story behind that. I went to a local comic shop that I haven't been to in quite some time, its run by the same owner since the late 70's. He had a beat up copy of this on his wall, all torn up and weathered. Me being a big Marvel poster guy and never having seen this, I offered to buy it from him. As expected he said no, so when I got home I immediately started my search. At the time there was only one offered on Ebay and they wanted $400...no way lol. So I picked mine up at Amazon, mint condition still in the original cellophane tube! Couldn't be happier with a $60 investment!

Thanks for the info.

Guess, I'll have to check Amazon.  What did you search?  Marvel DC poster?

11 hours ago, Turtle said:

What is that drawing on the top?  Looks like a ninja turtle...but drawn on an envelope?  :popcorn:

Yep, one of my most recent purchases is a small press anthology pinup book called TMNT Viking Tribute Book, came in a sketched envelope