• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, srezvan said:

I finally got around to putting this up. I found it at a LCS closing sale, just sitting on top of a bookshelf, behind a bunch of other stuff. 1992 copyright date. It has some holes from use, but the colors are in great shape.

20200325_171537.thumb.jpg.43d759f635128c58907fc067cdedda94.jpg

That's pretty neat!

Sorry the store is closing though....

:tink:

10 hours ago, srezvan said:

I finally got around to putting this up. I found it at a LCS closing sale, just sitting on top of a bookshelf, behind a bunch of other stuff. 1992 copyright date. It has some holes from use, but the colors are in great shape.

20200325_171537.thumb.jpg.43d759f635128c58907fc067cdedda94.jpg

That is awesome, I love it!

23 hours ago, Badlands said:

What do you think, to display or not to display, that us the question. Obvious water damage, not the best condition  but rare and COOL!

20200326_205039.jpg

20200326_205108.jpg

YES!!  Very cool indeed. You didn't mention, what are the dimensions? That too would be a factor for decision to display or not...

To display it would be nice due to its rarity as well as its "huh?" value. It would certainly be catalyst for conversation, as opposed to other obvious items in your gallery. I love discovering new paintings by artists I love in museums, and rare singles from bands I have listened to for years...sorta in that vane...

ex/

Is that the original Capt Atom?
Who is that? I have never heard of him.
Is he still around?
Whats Charlton Comics? I thought there was only DC and Marvel...etc...

But seriously, is that the original Capt Atom? I am too lazy to wiki it.

If your name was E-Man today, you'd prolly get picked up by the narcotics squad, lol

Edited by PaulyP_in_NC

9 minutes ago, Ducky13 said:

Mostly done just need to put out my Eaglemoss X-Men chess set and my Hallmark hanging ornaments (above the window)

20200328_143653.jpg

20200328_143706.jpg

20200328_143716.jpg

20200328_143758.jpg

I love the boxes on the top shelf are this mystery boxes you got from a con or something? 

On 3/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, Turtle said:

I dig that setup, @BOLORINO

I remember reading years ago that slabs shouldn't be stored flat for fear that, over time, gravity will wear on the inner well can cause a bow in the book.  Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Might want to post a comment of that in the general but a bow would be fine for grade purposes so long as it doesn’t get a crease or spine roll which would happen if it was stacked on top of each other with weight in the slab the plastic would take the weight so I see it as fine specially with just one slab laying down 

That's an antique looking Batman Light @Ducky13 :) 

I like how it is starting out like you'll have room for everything lol it'll soon over flow! js or jk?

Looks nice and tidy, the Next Men #21 in the comic spinner is a nice touch.

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's an antique looking Batman Light @Ducky13 :) 

I like how it is starting out like you'll have room for everything lol it'll soon over flow! js or jk?

Looks nice and tidy, the Next Men #21 in the comic spinner is a nice touch.

Thanks the batman light is early 90s, has a night light bulb for illumination. I am sure going forward I may have to rearrange once I get more stuff, but good with the bad (more stuff less room)

3 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Couple more pics. 

3232B9B1-31A3-416F-8753-F8AE5F84B721.jpeg

3A2590D2-DC59-4FA3-AD58-640268386E84.jpeg

65AA912B-EF57-4EE4-A9BC-468FE84C7ABE.jpeg

F6DB8EDB-5D67-4132-B4F3-767EC6A2DFB2.jpeg

That is a sweet rack 

also like the box of brew in the shop just be careful to not mix the too lol 

22 hours ago, PaulyP_in_NC said:

YES!!  Very cool indeed. You didn't mention, what are the dimensions? That too would be a factor for decision to display or not...

To display it would be nice due to its rarity as well as its "huh?" value. It would certainly be catalyst for conversation, as opposed to other obvious items in your gallery. I love discovering new paintings by artists I love in museums, and rare singles from bands I have listened to for years...sorta in that vane...

ex/

Is that the original Capt Atom?
Who is that? I have never heard of him.
Is he still around?
Whats Charlton Comics? I thought there was only DC and Marvel...etc...

But seriously, is that the original Capt Atom? I am too lazy to wiki it.

If your name was E-Man today, you'd prolly get picked up by the narcotics squad, lol

Love it, and i totally agree! Once I get it framed and hanging I will post a pic. 

39 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

My unemployed project I’ve been working on...very happy with the end result..thanks to Dan Partouche, Doug Peters and Rich Henn among many artist for there contributions..

55227B11-CD50-4C12-A92E-C0B311CB6FF2.jpeg

Ah snap you have the signs of artists that they display at cons and some are signed lol

I'm sure a story behind each one :whee:

I had to zoom, I see jim Lee did sign  Haha I thought he left you hanging!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah snap you have the signs of artists that they display at cons and some are signed lol

I'm sure a story behind each one :whee:

I had to zoom, I see jim Lee did sign  Haha I thought he left you hanging!

All are signed and or sketched..but that is “Jae Lee” not Jim....

These name plaques are thrown out so I started asking the artist for them at the end and almost everyone says yes..

2 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

All are signed and or sketched..but that is “Jae Lee” not Jim....

These name plaques are thrown out so I started asking the artist for them at the end and almost everyone says yes..

Thanks for the clarification Jae Lee is super nice! Met him in person and stuck my foot in my mouth I was so nervous lol

But he handled it like a pro! Super cool dude :)