• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I love the guitar as well :headbang: Mine is just a white on white "Peavy Prdator", but I like your green! :) 

I've toyed around with upgrading mine, but lol I do just as well with a simple one, it still plays!!! :banana: 

I picked up the guitar at a charity auction years ago. I still can't play for nothing. My dad was a good guitarist.

Just now, vheflin said:

that would make a good thread - 'show us your packing supplies!'

got a nice pile myself

lol it would be fun, some peoples rooms are so organized too haha, in comparison anyway :) 

I looked at a stack of about 8-10 ebay boxes that I can't reuse, and decided it's time to get a handle on it. Seemingly these are one's that are reusable, I just tried to stack them with a walkthrough, but it all seems a little unsightly lol 

38 minutes ago, spreads said:

Anything hiding under that pile?  You better wear shoes and gloves!

I appreciate the sentiment, but no pets or animals and regular pest control visits.

Still can never be too careful ha!

On 11/10/2019 at 10:26 AM, BOLORINO said:

Mine stated as a Home Theater room, then became a home theater/comic room, then, home theater/comic/figure/slot car track room...😁and finally I had to ask the wife for some space in living room for the statues...😬

Late to the party, but is that an original ASM #1 9.6?!  (Like, not a Golden Record Reprint)  :whatthe:

On 3/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, BOLORINO said:

20200209_161352.jpg

Wow those fit absolutely perfectly.  If only I had the space (and 100 graded books lol) for that.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:53 PM, vheflin said:

that would make a good thread - 'show us your packing supplies!'

got a nice pile myself

I cant seem to help but save the boxes. Sometimes they do come in handy when mailing out comics. But go figure, I seem to be buying way, way more than I'm selling. I'm trying desperately to avoid being labeled a hoarder:roflmao:

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Late to the party, but is that an original ASM #1 9.6?!  (Like, not a Golden Record Reprint)  :whatthe:

Wow those fit absolutely perfectly.  If only I had the space (and 100 graded books lol) for that.

Hi Ex,

Thanks ! 

No, not original ASM #1, it's a GRR.   

I really love that cabinet.  I didn't think I'd have more than 100 graded comics, but now I'm glad I have the cabinets.

I'm in the process of updating my comic room too.  There is a recent video that I show the cabinet in more detail. 

The last cabinet took me a long time ti find locally and I actually had to paint it to match the other two.

:)

On 6/13/2020 at 6:53 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I love the guitar as well :headbang: Mine is just a white on white "Peavy Prdator", but I like your green! :) 

I've toyed around with upgrading mine, but lol I do just as well with a simple one, it still plays!!! :banana: 

I noticed that in almost every room a guitar is present, i have guitars but in the closet and i have no idea how to play. 

On 6/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, Poekaymon said:

I think I like that but I looked it up and it's $2k new.  Would want at least two so that's pretty rough.

Hi Poekaymon,

Yes... there are very expensive brand new :frown:

I'm not sure if you watched the video, but I actually paid much less.  The first two I think I paid around $480 each

Then, I was able to find a beige one for around $300 and spent $100 on paint etc...  so I spent less than $500 for each cabinet on average. 

That's still a lot, but for 100 books, that's about $5 a book so not too bad :bigsmile:  They are very well build, so if you can find them locally for $300 to $800 I'd get them.

Here's the update video about the cabinet ( the answer is; Yes :D, to me that's the best cabinet I could find for what I need; may not be the best option for everyone).

I just think it's so cool to open the drawer and see 10 awesome comic books all at the same time  :bigsmile:

10 hours ago, BOLORINO said:

Hi Poekaymon,

I'm not sure if you watched the video, but I actually paid much less.  The first two I think I paid around $480 each

Then, I was able to find a beige one for around $300 and spent $100 on paint etc...  so I spent less than $500 for each cabinet on average. 

That's still a lot, but for 100 books, that's about $5 a book so not too bad :bigsmile:  They are very well build, so if you can find them locally for $300 to $800 I'd get them.

Here's the update video about the cabinet ( the answer is; Yes :D, to me that's the best cabinet I could find for what I need; may not be the best option for everyone).

I just think it's so cool to open the drawer and see 10 awesome comic books all at the same time  :bigsmile:

:golfclap:

14 hours ago, BOLORINO said:

Hi Poekaymon,

Is $42.50 a good price for one? Estate sale find today!

2 hours ago, srezvan said:

Is $42.50 a good price for one? Estate sale find today!

Awesome deal !  $42.50 is really cheap.  I'd get it, especially if it is a SAFCO w/ 10 drawers ! 

The cheapest I ever seen was $200 in not very good shape. 

I didn't get it because seller was in adifferent state and shipping was very expensive.

4 hours ago, BOLORINO said:

Awesome deal !  $42.50 is really cheap.  I'd get it, especially if it is a SAFCO w/ 10 drawers ! 

The cheapest I ever seen was $200 in not very good shape. 

I didn't get it because seller was in adifferent state and shipping was very expensive.

No, it's just a 5 drawer. There was another, larger one also for $42.50, but it wouldn't fit in my car. I'll fix the top and repaint it like in the video...once I figure out where to put it.

20200703_171449.jpg

On 7/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, BOLORINO said:

Hi Poekaymon,

Couldn't find anything decent around here.  There were a few that had been neglected in some warehouse and looked all rusty and chewed up and they still wanted like $500.  Someone probably needs to make something like this more tailored to slabs.

3 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Couldn't find anything decent around here.  There were a few that had been neglected in some warehouse and looked all rusty and chewed up and they still wanted like $500.  Someone probably needs to make something like this more tailored to slabs.

Just spitballing an idea of displaying slabs.  If someone were to make something tailor-made for displaying slabs, you know those poster displays some comic book stores have that hold say 20 posters vertically in cases and you flip through them, and if you leave it open to one poster it just stays that way until someone moves it again?  It'd be cool to have something like that for slabs that maybe held two across and four or 6 vertically, so you could leave it open and easily change the ones visible.