• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Couldn't find anything decent around here.  There were a few that had been neglected in some warehouse and looked all rusty and chewed up and they still wanted like $500.  Someone probably needs to make something like this more tailored to slabs.

Keep checking craigslist and FB marketplace.

It took me a year to find a good one for a reasonable price.  $500 is a bit too much if it is rusted. 

I'd pay $500 in very good condition or $400 if it needs to be repainted.

Good luck :tink:

8 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Just spitballing an idea of displaying slabs.  If someone were to make something tailor-made for displaying slabs, you know those poster displays some comic book stores have that hold say 20 posters vertically in cases and you flip through them, and if you leave it open to one poster it just stays that way until someone moves it again?  It'd be cool to have something like that for slabs that maybe held two across and four or 6 vertically, so you could leave it open and easily change the ones visible.

Funny you mentioned it...  :idea:

I was going to do this but instead of the "poster hanger" there are "blueprint hangers" that I found while searching for the "blueprint" cabinets I bought.

They are similar to the poster hangers, but a lot stronger and more expensive.

I gave up on that idea/project because the cabinets are a more "solid" solution that is ready for the comics without any modification.  I also like that the cabinets can be locked, so if you have kids it may be a better option.

After I got the cabinets I did make a custom comic book frame to display 6 comics on the wall...  they are easy to make and probably cost me about $30 w/ home depot parts.

I think the video link is already here (if not, just check my channel).

4 hours ago, davebo357 said:

Just spitballing an idea of displaying slabs.  If someone were to make something tailor-made for displaying slabs, you know those poster displays some comic book stores have that hold say 20 posters vertically in cases and you flip through them, and if you leave it open to one poster it just stays that way until someone moves it again?  It'd be cool to have something like that for slabs that maybe held two across and four or 6 vertically, so you could leave it open and easily change the ones visible.

I like that.  Would also just like a less-engineered version of these, maybe made out of plastic or something, if it could cut down the cost.

15 hours ago, wombat said:

Added this table to display some art books. I may eventually put some statues on this, but I like the way it looks for now. 

That table is perfect for displaying Frazetta books! Solid, old-world looking.

3 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

I am quoting myself here..,

Spent some time this morning loading this baby up with my DOS readers... had to double some up to get the entire storyline displayed  

I really love being able to see them and grab whatever I want to look at. Spins as smooth as silk too!

Not sure about leaving in by the window but can’t find a better place right now  No direct sunlight there but gonna do some research into whether indirect UV rays bounce though.

8C740BA0-1ABD-41F1-AAB8-1042AB53A81D.thumb.jpeg.2ea671821292a4934ee6ab90d1279ff7.jpeg

C2F508B8-4220-4745-A78B-B6F1ABE8877E.thumb.jpeg.60efc6c7aa701c07f3dd877ffa5c6aae.jpeg

Congrats on the spinner! Looks awesome. 

3 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

I am quoting myself here..,

Spent some time this morning loading this baby up with my DOS readers... had to double some up to get the entire storyline displayed  

I really love being able to see them and grab whatever I want to look at. Spins as smooth as silk too!

Not sure about leaving in by the window but can’t find a better place right now  No direct sunlight there but gonna do some research into whether indirect UV rays bounce though.

8C740BA0-1ABD-41F1-AAB8-1042AB53A81D.thumb.jpeg.2ea671821292a4934ee6ab90d1279ff7.jpeg

C2F508B8-4220-4745-A78B-B6F1ABE8877E.thumb.jpeg.60efc6c7aa701c07f3dd877ffa5c6aae.jpeg

And I thought I was obsessed with the DoS books... (:

This looks amazing, congratulations!

8 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Obsession you say!?  Check out the finishing touch!

Made one topper for each Superman title.  Scanned my own raw books, sized them up and had them printed on heavy card stock at Office Depot.  Left them a little wider than the originals so they would bow out a little bit.  Less than $4.00 for the set so will probably be doing more.

7F09BC87-2560-40BE-94CE-02D03FD9C293.thumb.jpeg.8da5f8e0a344252df8a551a73c669d70.jpeg9CA82AFE-9C5F-4D27-9995-28D0D15C33AC.thumb.jpeg.4596ac8b7b04a6c54dd7cbd3c2a319b1.jpeg

Man that's cool, and imaginative :) love me some custom! :headbang: 

8 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

I saw this posted to r/comicbooks over on Reddit...has anyone ever seen something like this before, or have any information on it (or have one that's been restored)? Looks like it would be an amazing way to display books...

IMG_3737.thumb.JPG.653ffadc58b9330bff8daaa18e42146d.JPG

Never seen anything like that but it could quite simply be the most amazing thing I have ever seen for comics (worship)

11 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

I saw this posted to r/comicbooks over on Reddit...has anyone ever seen something like this before, or have any information on it (or have one that's been restored)? Looks like it would be an amazing way to display books...

IMG_3737.thumb.JPG.653ffadc58b9330bff8daaa18e42146d.JPG

Real cool.  Would love to know the history of this.  Was this a one-off, or were there a bunch made?  Were they regional?  Never saw one before. 

11 hours ago, Cocomonkey said: