• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2020 at 9:59 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

20201113_224522.jpg

You and I think alike.

Before I buy a piece of original art, I always ask myself.........would that look good on my floor?

11 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
On 11/13/2020 at 9:59 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

20201113_224522.jpg

You and I think alike.

Before I buy a piece of original art, I always ask myself.........would that look good on my floor?

Same problem lol

But I even used a bag and tape haha

20201115_182020.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

18 hours ago, wombat said:

So I bought a portfolio because I was quickly running out of wall space in the comic/poster/statue room. It was perfect, big enough to hold 24 x 36 prints. The problem of course is where the heck do you store something that big. And then my wife came up with the idea and built this for me. Shelf under my table.  I can still get two rows of comic boxes underneath. 

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

My buddy showed me his portfolio.  That sucker is heavy.  His is just under the bed.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:28 PM, F For Fake said:

Great room, you can tell that's a collector/dealer, there's a lot of work happening in that room.

Anyway, looks like it's getting crowded, and you'll need more room for boxes. I'll run up and take that spinner rack off your hands, help ya out a bit!

Love my spinners....only 2 in this room but have 4 and counting :cloud9:

On 11/15/2020 at 7:19 PM, wombat said:

So I bought a portfolio because I was quickly running out of wall space in the comic/poster/statue room. It was perfect, big enough to hold 24 x 36 prints. The problem of course is where the heck do you store something that big. And then my wife came up with the idea and built this for me. Shelf under my table.  I can still get two rows of comic boxes underneath. 

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

Is that one of the Bottleneck Gallery portfolios? I was thinking about getting one of those if I need to move prints instead of rolling them back in tubes. Right now I keep the prints in a print box with acid free paper spacing. I did see some nice flat file displays on Expressobeans. People had glass files to see the stored prints.

6 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Is that one of the Bottleneck Gallery portfolios? I was thinking about getting one of those if I need to move prints instead of rolling them back in tubes. Right now I keep the prints in a print box with acid free paper spacing. I did see some nice flat file displays on Expressobeans. People had glass files to see the stored prints.

Yeah, its the one Bottleneck has. It is actually a company called Boroque. I didn't even realize they were connected is some way when I bought it directly from Baroque. https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/

I just didn't have room for any kind of flat file drawer. This is a pretty good alternative. 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Early Christmas Present 

Some Shelves 

Pinched my hand too, putting plastic together.

Supports 150 pounds per shelf but I won't test that lol

Been chopping onions today too

Cornbread tomorrow 😊

And grade the cheese Tuesday

On to devil the eggs Wednesday

Ham on Thursday with also lastly the green beans and bacon!!

No Turkey this year with less people traveling etc. Small Dinner 🍽️

IMG_20201122_163706156.jpg

We do a green bean dish too with bacon, cider vinegar, and those pearl cocktail onions sliced in half :luhv: 

@wombat Hello! I like the oversized prints, and kudos to your better half for coming up with a storage solution. I don't know how much room you have to work with, but if you're greatly expanding your collection of oversized prints, you may want to consider a drafting/blueprint flat file cabinet. Used, they aren't terribly expensive; though you'll probably need a truck and a friend to help move them as they can be quite heavy. Just a thought. Hope you're having a good one!

4 hours ago, BabaLament said:

@wombat Hello! I like the oversized prints, and kudos to your better half for coming up with a storage solution. I don't know how much room you have to work with, but if you're greatly expanding your collection of oversized prints, you may want to consider a drafting/blueprint flat file cabinet. Used, they aren't terribly expensive; though you'll probably need a truck and a friend to help move them as they can be quite heavy. Just a thought. Hope you're having a good one!

I appreciate the suggestion. I explored the flat file option and I just don't have the floor space for it. Certainly an option at some point if I change things up. The portfolio can hold a lot of prints so I am set for quite a while with that. It is also nice in that you can very easily look through them. 

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Early Christmas Present 

Some Shelves 

Pinched my hand too, putting plastic together.

Supports 150 pounds per shelf but I won't test that lol

Been chopping onions today too

Cornbread tomorrow 😊

And grade the cheese Tuesday

On to devil the eggs Wednesday

Ham on Thursday with also lastly the green beans and bacon!!

No Turkey this year with less people traveling etc. Small Dinner 🍽️

IMG_20201122_163706156.jpg

Nice shelves, but what does the rest of the room look like - chaos?

8 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Nice shelves, but what does the rest of the room look like - chaos?

no there still pretty clean in the rest of the room

I posted pics of it a few pages back ha! :foryou: 

7 minutes ago, Waylander said:

OK, you got me :blush:

lol no worries, I could probably take pics again, but as often as people post in this thread, it sure seems that I've posted the sameish stuff in here a lot :shy:

I tend to get excited about the smallest change in detail, forgive me anyone who want's me to settle down! :cloud9: I'm just loving this hobby!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol no worries, I could probably take pics again, but as often as people post in this thread, it sure seems that I've posted the sameish stuff in here a lot :shy:

I tend to get excited about the smallest change in detail, forgive me anyone who want's me to settle down! :cloud9: I'm just loving this hobby!

So you don't feel to bad, here is my new filing cabinet - number 11 (the one on the left)

IMG_0122.JPG.jpg

3 minutes ago, Waylander said:

So you don't feel to bad, here is my new filing cabinet - number 11 (the one on the left)

IMG_0122.JPG.jpg

That's the thing, a lot of good ideas in this thread (thumbsu I've long thought about file cabinets (CONGRATS :) ) I know they're not cheap!

I tend to recall instructions on how to build a secret passageway to hide where you have comics stashed haha, and a how to video lol was posted in this thread when I joined in 2016. This year especially, if not any others, it's fun to count you're blessings and keep a good attitude.

Just a great thread! :banana: