• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's the thing, a lot of good ideas in this thread (thumbsu I've long thought about file cabinets (CONGRATS :) ) I know they're not cheap!

I tend to recall instructions on how to build a secret passageway to hide where you have comics stashed haha, and a how to video lol was posted in this thread when I joined in 2016. This year especially, if not any others, it's fun to count you're blessings and keep a good attitude.

Just a great thread! :banana: 

The thought of a secret passage sounds incredibly cool. Sadly my 100+ year old house doesn’t really have the square footage to make that viable.

I don’t have a comic room so much as a comic corner. Maybe once the kids move out?

13 minutes ago, piper said:

The thought of a secret passage sounds incredibly cool. Sadly my 100+ year old house doesn’t really have the square footage to make that viable.

I don’t have a comic room so much as a comic corner. Maybe once the kids move out?

Lol ya maybe ha, used to be that houses had good spots under the stairs, but I don't have a basement nor a 2nd floor.

My house is 75 years old, and I have some big closets but would probably update a lot of other things before putting levers and hinges lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Be that

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

clean and tidy (worship)

And that is why my wife let’s me to continue collecting comics.... 

I need more closet space for another CGC box or two.

I downsized my collection about five years ago. I currently have 5 CGC boxes and 1 long box.

Edited by piper

On 11/23/2020 at 7:47 PM, Waylander said:

So you don't feel to bad, here is my new filing cabinet - number 11 (the one on the left)

IMG_0122.JPG.jpg

Hey Brian, I love the way you put the center cabinet on an angle, I think if I had thought of that I may have squeezed an extra one in my room, they are looking great bud :cloud9:

22 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

Hey Brian, I love the way you put the center cabinet on an angle, I think if I had thought of that I may have squeezed an extra one in my room, they are looking great bud :cloud9:

Hey Kev,

It was the only way I could get another filing cabinet in . . . but my back hated for days after :blush:

47 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

I love this, its just such a great space (worship)

With me working from home during COVID, I'll be on a conference call and have the urge to flip through a Box or Book on the shelf! :tonofbricks:

So far, I've shown restraint.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:47 PM, Waylander said:

So you don't feel to bad, here is my new filing cabinet - number 11 (the one on the left)

IMG_0122.JPG.jpg

So forgive me everyone for asking the following questions as maybe they were asked before.  How do you organize your comics in those filing cabinets?  Do you put them in hanging folders?  Are the books lying sideways?  Its a great idea - just trying to visualize how you have them organized in those cabinets.  

BTW - you need more magnets on those cabinets!  

12 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Yeah, wait until you have to put them on top of each other lol

You must be insane.

I am in the process of negotiating more space with "Her Who Must Be Obeyed" as in a couple of years we will be doing some more internal building work, so hoping to double my footprint (I can dream!!)

BTW,  we need an updated photo or two of your room :taptaptap:

Edited by Waylander

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

You must be insane.

I am in the process of negotiating more space with "Her Who Must Be Obeyed" as in a couple of years we will be doing some more internal building work, so hoping to double my footprint (I can dream!!)

BTW,  we need an updated photo or two of your room :taptaptap:

Maybe a while before I can take any new pics, my rooms have went backwards and are in a mess atm :( 

My old cabinets and clutter look rubbish compared to your all new shiny stuff anyway :cloud9:

3 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Maybe a while before I can take any new pics, my rooms have went backwards and are in a mess atm :( 

My old cabinets and clutter look rubbish compared to your all new shiny stuff anyway :cloud9:

Ah, but it's what's inside the cabinets that matters, and your collection = :cloud9:

Edited by Waylander

6 hours ago, Waylander said:

The comics sit on the bottom of the drawer, see below (you need to make sure you have the foolscap width drawers, not A4 which are too thin) .

Magnets, I could, but I like the clean look of my matching cabinets. 

IMG_0109.JPG

Wow!  Thanks for showing the inside!  And your great organization skills!

Now I am totally digging the file cabinet idea!!!