• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2021 at 12:43 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

My baby girl sneaking around the comic room.  

B3075FF0-A2C9-4457-9643-6CCF4F98799B.jpeg

6442E070-31C4-4010-A1F1-F202BC8E0811.jpeg

Always love seeing that Hulk bank.  I had one up until 1983 before we moved.  I gave it to my next door neighbors boy, he was about 1/2  my age at the time, so I like to think I paid it forward. 

4 minutes ago, archiecomicscollector said:

Some of you may recall that I started my comic/toy room - focused entirely on my extensive Archie collection - a year or so ago...well I finally got around to buying more cabinets, framing posters and original art, and then organizing it! :banana:

The cabinets are Ikea Billy Bookcases with Glass Doors (3) and a Kolbjorn Shelf Unit (1). The spinner rack is non-branded, but holds an impressive amount of comics (I hope to buy a comic rack featuring Archie someday). The bench cushion and curtains feature vintage-inspired Archie fabric, and, as I work with archival material regularly, the curtains (which include black-out panels) and blinds are normally closed to prevent light damage. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

That looks amazing.  Really a lot to love in there. Some of the books just sitting on those racks..:headbang:That Mad House 22.:cloud9:  Tons of awesomeawesomeness!

1 hour ago, archiecomicscollector said:

Some of you may recall that I started my comic/toy room - focused entirely on my extensive Archie collection - a year or so ago...well I finally got around to buying more cabinets, framing posters and original art, and then organizing it! :banana:

The cabinets are Ikea Billy Bookcases with Glass Doors (3) and a Kolbjorn Shelf Unit (1). Most of my artwork by Dan Parent is leaning against the wall on Amazon's Weiai Clear Acrylic Shelves, as I wanted flexibility to rotate/display future art purchases. The spinner rack is non-branded, but holds an impressive amount of comics (I hope to buy a comic rack featuring Archie someday). The bench cushion and curtains feature vintage-inspired Archie fabric, and, as I work with archival material regularly, the curtains (which include black-out panels) and blinds are normally closed to prevent light damage. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

where did u hide that Pep #22!

6 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Finally pulled this Alex Ross Superman portrait out of the closet... wish I had a better place for it...

7E00A0D1-DC37-4F93-91E3-F810FC8FC363.thumb.jpeg.cb7a3f0c3b82ae5ff470cb403911debf.jpeg
Even worse, had to move the Jerry Siegel piece to an easel.,,

Reveal hidden contents

70D6878B-22E5-4803-86E2-8DB7390F677D.thumb.jpeg.95f9dfbb242236aa9371166fd5445501.jpeg9B9270C5-AB6B-4AB1-9A28-6052450CB3D3.thumb.jpeg.b87c487e7130efe1a0efa9a3642ddc1f.jpeg

Will look for a better location this weekend...

I really like that Alex Ross portrait.  Very clever background, telling you that even though the "camera" is in tight he's hovering at 30,000 feet.

That said, I'm pretty sure there is no one in the world who has drawn more people with their arms folded than Alex Ross.

11 hours ago, Tony Edwards said:

Bought it from the poster section of HMV in the UK, along with the black frame.

I lived in the UK for a couple of years as a kid...long time ago.  Love the Brits!  Sorry for the loss of Prince Philip.

V/R, Mike

Edited by mlovest