• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

I concur! Also, since we are on the topic, I have often thought about doing the same, but does the lighting affect the comics at all? In other words, any discoloration?

3 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

The shelving for your slabs looks amazing. Where did you find it?

10 hours ago, Kerdese said:

Nice collection! Where did you get those frames for the graded books?

they're called "slab-pro's" 

https://www.bing.com/search?pc=CBHS&ptag=N3211D030521A9DFA1A1FF2&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3210127&q=slab+pro+for+cgc

I have a few I never used, as there are different colors, but also different sizes. The ones I have fit the old slabs, as in the pic, but I'm sure there are modern ones too :) 

looks like they're on amazon and not ebay, but they're like a phone protector in case the thing is dropped :foryou: 

Thanks for mentioning slab-pro.  Seems like an interesting product although I'm not interested in that one myself, but I found they do invisible hard plastic backing boards so you can see the rear cover of bagged comics, kind of just like a top-loader but fits in a bag so doesn't take any more space than everything else in your comic boxes.  A neat idea but the amazon store page lists all their products then the product pages seem empty.  They ought to look into that.

1 hour ago, davebo357 said:

Thanks for mentioning slab-pro.  Seems like an interesting product although I'm not interested in that one myself, but I found they do invisible hard plastic backing boards so you can see the rear cover of bagged comics, kind of just like a top-loader but fits in a bag so doesn't take any more space than everything else in your comic boxes.  A neat idea but the amazon store page lists all their products then the product pages seem empty.  They ought to look into that.

There have been threads about this in the past. I really like the idea, but I still haven't found a definitive answer if this is safe for my comics. A full-back will absorb off gassing. So, if just put micro chamber paper in my comic, will I have the same protection without the Full Back? Science person, help!

On 5/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, Badlands said:

I concur! Also, since we are on the topic, I have often thought about doing the same, but does the lighting affect the comics at all? In other words, any discoloration?

Concerned about that myself.  The board has been mixed as to that.  I think if you avoid direct sunlight it's probably okay.

29 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Concerned about that myself.  The board has been mixed as to that.  I think if you avoid direct sunlight it's probably okay.

AVOID sunlight (direct or indirect), incandescent and fluorescent light. Absolutely will bleach colors. Even UV blocking plastic will still allow some UV though. 

Jury is still out on LED, I believe they are safe though. 

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

AVOID sunlight (direct or indirect), incandescent and fluorescent light. Absolutely will bleach colors. Even UV blocking plastic will still allow some UV though. 

My comic room doubles as my kids video game room. Recently i put LED lights. Works great. The ceiling light in the room was driving me nuts

38 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Takes me out then; all my lighting in my cave is fluorescent. Thanks for the tip!

On 5/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, JesterSB said:

My little slice of Heaven.

174AC48C-1602-4387-BB21-4BAD62B1A59A.jpeg

Someone sure does love Jester's Cap, yet I don't see a physical copy of the card anywhere on display (unless it's in the top right corner above the X-Men #1 (partially obstructed by glare)).  Also, is that the original art for Orzhov's Signet and Orzhov's Locket?

6 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Someone sure does love Jester's Cap, yet I don't see a physical copy of the card anywhere on display (unless it's in the top right corner above the X-Men #1 (partially obstructed by glare)).  Also, is that the original art for Orzhov's Signet and Orzhov's Locket?

I have every copy of the card in every language (including proofs), but they're on display elsewhere. Yes those are the originals to Signet and Locket. You can see my art collection here: https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=107147