• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

Wanted to post a couple pics of my comic "gallery." It's a 10'x10' room in my home with gray painted walls and white molding.

I'm a big fan of DC: Batman, Harley Quinn, Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman. A lot of Neal Adams for Neal Adams month :)

I also like The Walking Dead by Image.

The room has custom-built "floating" shelves that hold 50 comics (25 on each wall). All are CGC graded and most are signed (SS) as well. Sorry for the glare.

Another wall will eventually have a tall black wooden bookcase to showcase my action figures and the few statues I own. This will also block the one window and eliminate the glare.

24854520190_2e1c65d6f4_z.jpg

This is pretty cool. Doesn't take up too much space and the carper is cool.

That is awesome! I'm going to do something like that some day.

Do you guys worry about fading of books or sigs while having them on display? Does anyone use those UV cling blockers? I love that corner shelving idea.....but I worry about fading. I guess I could mount UV resistant plastic on the front of the shelves and slide the books in from the side..... Thoughts,??

Do you guys worry about fading of books or sigs while having them on display? Does anyone use those UV cling blockers? I love that corner shelving idea.....but I worry about fading. I guess I could mount UV resistant plastic on the front of the shelves and slide the books in from the side..... Thoughts,??

I just keep my blinds closed. I'm a recluse. :whee:

So i'm a brand new member....I actually was buying a comic off somebody and he referred me to this site.

I'm 37, and used to read/collect comics back when I was a teen. Ofcourse years later I find out mom threw all the boxes of comics and hockey cards to the good will.

I started getting into comics again about 3 years ago when we bought our new house and have a man-cave to collect, hang out, and pretty much just hibernate 99% of my life...haha.

I don't collect many older comics (bronze, silver, etc), but instead I have been collecting comics I read in the 80's and 90's. Also rare variants I like to collect as well. For the past year I havn't been much of an ebay warrior because I live in Canada and the dollar sucks right now. Instead I've been hitting the bins at yard sales, flea markets, and sometimes bought entire collections off of guys who just don't have the heart or the $$ to collect anymore.

I don't have any comics worth 5 figures or anything (like some people on here holy !). However the comics, arcade games, sports memorbilia, etc. all hold great memories for me. If you are ever around Ladysmith , Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada...stop by for a beer!

*Darn, can't figure out how to post pictures from my facebook pics*

Edited by Dizzymatt

Any tips on how to post the pictures?

I'm not the most computer savvy guy (I work in the mining industry)...

I have the pics on my computer...but no clue how to put it to an http....

any suggestions? I took some great pics of my comic/arcade/bar/reading cave.

Matt

Not so much a room, but it is getting there.

nr3Hs0w.jpg

More to put up and there is something to go in the centre space. Good thing is there is no direct sunlight on that wall, and the curtains and closed most of the time as there is enough light coming in. Still need to add framing board around them and put them in Mylites.

Not so much a room, but it is getting there.

nr3Hs0w.jpg

More to put up and there is something to go in the centre space. Good thing is there is no direct sunlight on that wall, and the curtains and closed most of the time as there is enough light coming in. Still need to add framing board around them and put them in Mylites.

They look great as is but man, paint a Tardis on that wall behind them and those white covers will pop! :idea:

Welcome! I have a similar story - read books as a kid, stopped collecting for a while, then picked it back up as I started taking my oldest child to the comics store.

You can read about posting pics at the Noob thread here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7324793#Post7324793

I just started using TinyPic.com myself.

Thanx for the tips how to post! I figured it out. My man-cave is sound-proofed...so I can play music as loud as I want...but even better with the door shut I can't hear a thing when I want to chill and read. There is 2 spare furnished bedrooms in the cave, and right now I'm slowly filling up 1 closet with short-boxes....eventually will probably take over 1 spare room...haha. It has a full bar, ofcourse these pics were taken shortly after christmas when the bar was pretty much depleted..haha. I'm a big fan of old school arcade games too...the 'Golden Axe' machine is actually a 500 in 1 mame cabinet that plays all the classics.

I really started collecting heavy again 2-3 years ago...if you couldn't tell I've always been a big Deadpool and Harley Quinn fan. Hope you like the pics!

33uxxzp.jpg[/img]

3341bmb.jpg[/img]

hsntag.jpg

339mz2r.jpg

14so377.jpg

fcnote.jpg

25gfb04.jpg

iqy6wg.jpg

14bt3y9.jpg

ipboeb.jpg

snmfxz.jpg

2v8k9as.jpg

Once you go 2 tv's. It's the only way to go!

2 hockey games.. or I can watch the Canucks (lose lately) and then watch NFL, NBA or MLB on the other. It's great to watch something else between periods or commercial breaks.