• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

Is that an Alex Ross Painting??

Yessir. It's a giclee canvass print I had done & the image is from the original hardcover to Kingdom Come. Always loved Ross's work on this one, and was thrilled to get it done.

Edited by Dexter85

Yessir. It's a giclee canvass print I had done & the image is from the original hardcover to Kingdom Come. Always loved Ross's work on this one, and was thrilled to get it done.

Awesome !!

I ask because it looks great!

I just ordered one on his website: I believe it is JLA: Heroes and Villans.....basically it was the one that I could afford :) I'm looking forward to getting it but it hasn't shipped yet....

Can you pick any art or photo to have it done with Giclee to put on Canvas? and Who might I submit it to, so that I can find out prices...?

Awesome !!

I ask because it looks great!

I just ordered one on his website: I believe it is JLA: Heroes and Villans.....basically it was the one that I could afford :) I'm looking forward to getting it but it hasn't shipped yet....

Can you pick any art or photo to have it done with Giclee to put on Canvas? and Who might I submit it to, so that I can find out prices...?

Thanks! I had this done a few years back through Tim Gardner, who is known to have one of the biggest Superman collections out there. He was actually on the show 'Toy Hunter' because of it. He used to have a HUGE Alex Ross canvass listing, but they were all taken down rather abruptly and I haven't seen any for a good while.

I'm just speculating, but I'm not sure what the legalities are of vendors using images like this, but perhaps that's why he stopped? I never asked so I'm not sure, but that's where I got this one.

Here's a little blurb on the guy...

http://www.supermansupersite.com/08211223.html

So after a long amount of waiting, it's looks as I'll have a small area to display some things.

Looking for some tips on displaying your stuff (comics, posters, action figures, statues etc) in a confined space.

It's not a comic room but you gotta start somewhere right?

What do you mean you had done?

fyi I didn't exactly know what they meant by that either.... I just assumed Alex Ross would let you submit something of his and he'd do the Giclee ink print on canvas....looks like that might not be the case

What do you mean you had done?

Sorry, should have clarified. The distributor who created the canvass print for me had dozens of Alex Ross giclee canvass prints on ebay. I messaged him privately and asked if by any chance he also had the original cover to Kingdom Come available to be canvassed. He confirmed he did have said image, we agreed on a price, and about a month or so later what you see there arrived.

Edited by Dexter85

My Superman corner...

IMG_2777_zps0zygi6xv.jpg

Is that wooden comic display cube home made or can you buy them ?

Available on eBay. Each one, I believe, is made to order complete with your choice of color finish. My experience with them was very positive and they were super friendly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-made-in-USA-CGC-Frame-Statue-Display-Case-Custom-23-Comic-storage-/390434218185?hash=item5ae7b160c9:m:mY7R-XyjggOoKy8KKktYB_A

**Note: The one I have is about 4 years old and the display slots do not fit the current "new" CGC cases, and only fit the case type you see there. Not sure if they've made modifications in the past year, but it might be worth asking if that's what you plan to display. The new cases, however, fit perfectly inside the display case.

and does the comic cube spin?? since it seems to be in a corner and has a CGC comic on each side...(square/cube). Looks pretty cool :)

It does't "spin" on it's own, but comes with four felt surface protectors on the bottom of the case so you can turn it easily without scratching whatever surface it's on. If you're like me, you like to switch up the covers you're displaying pretty regularly.

Also The ebay listing mentions protecting Comics/CGC items from UV light/ sunlight etc.

How bad is sunlight? on CGC graded items??

My room at my house is mostly windows.... I have blankets over them to keep out sunlight etc. as the windows are basically the size of the whole wall, like a sliding door size would be...

I haven't noticed any difference in my CGC items on the wall, but the change would probably be so gradual that I wouldn't be able to notice....How bad is it, sunlight??

I've avoided posting pictures of my comic room until it is done being set up..but if I need to post a picture for comparison I will

No "direct sunlight" comes in I don't think as the sun comes up in the east sets in the west and the positions of the windows are just right and with trees outside my house providing protection etc.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

the Blanket extends to the right about 4 more feet than in the picture, but I tried to post the window in relation to my comics...

Also the wall connecting on the right of the wall with the blanket shown..has big windows too but not really a lot of sunlight comes in there because that is the side with the neighbors house right next door blocking sunlight.... idk thought I'd ask about how sunlight acts on comics, be a shame if I had to put them in the closet :cry: that's too out of sight

167354.jpg.86401271eb26dd86e3a7d6fb347b0bb8.jpg

the Blanket extends to the right about 4 more feet than in the picture, but I tried to post the window in relation to my comics...

Also the wall connecting on the right of the wall with the blanket shown..has big windows too but not really a lot of sunlight comes in there because that is the side with the neighbors house right next door blocking sunlight.... idk thought I'd ask about how sunlight acts on comics, be a shame if I had to put them in the closet :cry: that's too out of sight

Sunlight, even indirect sunlight will fade your books.

I guess I saw several pictures in this forum that had windows and expensive key slabbed comics and figured the damage was negligable.....bummer ....I guess I could put some non-key's up on my shelves idk any suggestions lol

One more question, if I put my key's in a CGC short box, do I then need to put them in a room without windows aka a closet? or can they stay accessible such as in the room in the picture...?