• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

the comics you have here and there, I assume there graded, do you take the CGC case out of the plastic bag?

Personally I don't think that indirect sunlight would affect them that badly, but I'm trying real hard to take you guy's word for it..... sigh

I put the key's up as a percaution, and got some inexpensive but fun one's up, but since they're not key's I thought that I would take them out of that plastic sleeve bag that they come in just so that they'd really "pop"

the comics you have here and there, I assume there graded, do you take the CGC case out of the plastic bag?

Personally I don't think that indirect sunlight would affect them that badly, but I'm trying real hard to take you guy's word for it..... sigh

I put the key's up as a percaution, and got some inexpensive but fun one's up, but since they're not key's I thought that I would take them out of that plastic sleeve bag that they come in just so that they'd really "pop"

I can tell you from many years of working with museums when I owned frame shops and the countless hours spent reading degradation studies that UV light has on paper. It does cause damage. The only way to prevent it is in a controlled dark environment.

That being said keep them away from direct sunlight and limit their exposure to indirect and you will probably not see any major effects. The windows in my collection room are blacked out and the lights have UV filters. All the art on my walls are framed with museum glass. Its all about what you are willing to risk.

I hear you (thumbs u No Worries, you've got good points and it is not worth the risk... I guess comics that come to the market that are silver age or even GA were in an attic somewhere and didn't have too hard a time...with sunlight to be in the shape that they're in, but why risk it with key's, I'd rather throw up some cool covers etc and keep key's hidden

And so it begins, I've been so anxious to post here. Not a room yet, but at least we've begun the process.Got some statues on their way so this will look noticeably different. Also need to decide how to display my comics and slabs. The UV/Sunlight damage comments always freak me out.

So what are your thoughts on my humble little Comic Corner?

IMG_5725.jpgpicture host

Added these to my office because my nerd room is virtually out of wall space & I didn't have a great spot in the house for them... so I took them into the office.

87096A61-8B6E-476C-BE0C-CD73B2A6D150_zps0byn9yks.jpg

They fit great right above my desk. My sister-in-law gave them to me for my birthday.

For our anniversary my wife commissioned a folded book for me for my comic room. Green leather bound with gold leaf tipped pages. It turned out fabulous, she had an engraved copper plate riveted to the cover. It is cooler than words and even the pictures can describe. The thought, time and effort she put into it shows in the final product and I love her for it!

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

For our anniversary my wife commissioned a folded book for me for my comic room. Green leather bound with gold leaf tipped pages. It turned out fabulous, she had an engraved copper plate riveted to the cover. It is cooler than words and even the pictures can describe. The thought, time and effort she put into it shows in the final product and I love her for it!

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

:golfclap: on the wife and kudos on the cool book!

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

What a cool idea!

That looks really cool, but can I ask what the point of a folded page book is? I mean, I've never seen that before that I'm aware of so am I missing the point of it? Is there something special about it beyond being super cool looking? Sorry, I just feel like I'm totally missing something here.

That looks really cool, but can I ask what the point of a folded page book is? I mean, I've never seen that before that I'm aware of so am I missing the point of it? Is there something special about it beyond being super cool looking? Sorry, I just feel like I'm totally missing something here.

I can't see the pic for some reason, but in my experience a folded page book is just art, something cool to look at. Usually the pages will spell out a word or make a design or something.

Oh derp... I just saw what art that folded page shows... it's the Iron Fist dragon logo. I'm a maroon... don't mind me. Now I get it. I thought it was just a cool design at first... sorry guys. I'm apparently lacking caffeine or something.