• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2017 at 9:29 PM, Gary Strange said:

Finally, my friend and I installed a new entrance to my room. Watch the video, you know, if you want.

Secret bookcase

That Secret Bookcase needs antibiotics STAT because it is SICK!!!!!! Now I just need to figure out where to put one in my house!! 

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

That Secret Bookcase needs antibiotics STAT because it is SICK!!!!!! Now I just need to figure out where to put one in my house!! 

That is one badazz room.:headbang:

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

That is one badazz room.:headbang:

How about showing us what's inside.

On 4/24/2017 at 5:20 PM, themegoguy said:

Thanks for the tip srezvan! I ordered this display and installed it this weekend. Each panel is 14x20. The viewable area is 12.5x18.5. Perfect for standard modern comic art!

20170423_165824.thumb.jpg.a9dedefc2b8b86cce0684e0f4f9d60ba.jpg

20170423_165836.thumb.jpg.7a92e42dbc29e6e1171619bf7573ab56.jpg

Are you able to remove the plastic panels? Any way I could remove them and swap for archival uv resistant plastic?

20 minutes ago, nriccijr said:

Are you able to remove the plastic panels? Any way I could remove them and swap for archival uv resistant plastic?

Yes. Plastic slides out through the top. The panels easily pop in and out of the brackets too for swapping art.

40 minutes ago, themegoguy said:

Yes. Plastic slides out through the top. The panels easily pop in and out of the brackets too for swapping art.

Very cool!!

And you purchased the exact one in your link? I am trying to figure out why that one is so much cheaper than the Poster Display in the same size

5 minutes ago, nriccijr said:

Very cool!!

And you purchased the exact one in your link? I am trying to figure out why that one is so much cheaper than the Poster Display in the same size

Yep, I purchased the one in the link. Its metal. Not sure why the plastic one is so much more.

Anyone have a though on how to make the latch work??

I'm thinking of making one with my comic room, and it seems easy, but I didn't know if anyone had some suggestions?? PM's work great :) 

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Anyone have a though on how to make the latch work??

I'm thinking of making one with my comic room, and it seems easy, but I didn't know if anyone had some suggestions?? PM's work great :) 

Check out this video... they have what you're looking for .... 

22 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Check out this video... they have what you're looking for .... 

Awesome!! some good tips to making it flush with the wall :) 

On 2/8/2017 at 5:38 PM, Kenners said:

Re-jigging my room at the moment .. it's a work in progress (looks kinda sparse) ..

2016-06-27 17.05.56.jpg

I wouldn't call it sparse.  Art needs space around it to give it its due attention.

Finally getting around to browsing this thread, there's a lot of cool stuff in here.  It's given me some ideas for artful displays I can make.  If you guys think there's a market for that kind of thing, I might whip up some designs.