• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batt90 said:

I love this thread. Man there is a lot to go through and its gonna take a while. I  just found it this morning and thought I would post up a few to contribute. Not all the pics are updated but it gives u an idea of our den/my comic cave. We don't put our comics up on the wall. Most are locked away. We just hang the original art we have from them.

Better couch pic.jpg

Better belt pic.jpg

Allies wall june192014.jpg

Allies wall. Part 2 1 23 15.jpg

collection pics 016.jpg

Den long view.jpg

P1010029.JPG

The Den # 3 12 7 15.jpg

Wow!  I could be completely entertained for months in that room. 

Can I ask you. Is that Batman choc milk sign an original? I think the original one was metal, or porcelain.

38 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Wow!  I could be completely entertained for months in that room. 

Can I ask you. Is that Batman choc milk sign an original? I think the original one was metal, or porcelain.

Everything in our display is original. The tin one that is out there is a repro

9 hours ago, batt90 said:

Two for today. The comics do not get displayed as I said above but this gives you an idea.

collection pics 131.jpg

Det 29 to 40 B.jpg

(worship)

3 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

My little room isn't near on par with some of these places! But I finally bought a couple shelves and put some things together.

It's def a work in progress but now I can show off all my celeb signed books and stuff.

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

:applause:

13 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

A few years ago my father-in-law made this cupboard for my daughter, I contributed the signage. She's outgrown it so I put it in my office and filled it with comics. This Tardis will take you back in time to the silver and Bronze Age!

image2.JPG

So is it better to store comics like this? rather than a comic box??:shy:

Just cause due to other poster's I actually bought a comic box, sigh, but will gladly go back to storing them like this if need be....? 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just cause due to other poster's I actually bought a comic box, sigh, but will gladly go back to storing them like this if need be....? 

If they're stacked evenly and bagged and boarded it's fine IMO. Worked for the church collection! Also if you're not  moving them around and are careful, what's the harm.  I also have a lot of books in boxes for space sake. As well as a couple nifty file drawers (with impressive soft-close feature) a local cabineteer made me. 

image1.JPG

18 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

If they're stacked evenly and bagged and boarded it's fine IMO. Worked for the church collection! Also if you're not  moving them around and are careful, what's the harm.  I also have a lot of books in boxes for space sake. As well as a couple nifty file drawers (with impressive soft-close feature) a local cabineteer made me. 

Impressive :) I don't have that many books as of yet, but this thread does give some idea's. I guess I'll leave them in the box for now, like you said space

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine got stacked and left alone since '95, which did not help any of the silver and gold foil comics.  OTOH, if you have a bend, it can help flatten that out.  A consistent 30lbs of pressure over 20 years will lay the books pretty flat.