• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

It's just a print....by Neal Adams lol

I got to talking with him about zombies and for some odd reason I blurted out yes when he asked if I wanted it personalized... oh well it's a good story. I put it over the window in the door and when the light comes in it looks eerie which I think is cool. The real piece I had done by Neal Adams is the wolverine. EDIT: I forgot to tag you ha @SteppinRazor

Neal Adams Original Sketch Signed.jpg

20170524_184155.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Had to rearrange my comic room to move my TV away from the window. I kind of like it better now that the view from the couch I can see comic stuff.

Sweet!! I need more cowbell lol 

can I ask the group real quick if anyone has storage ideas for short boxes ?

and what I mean is ideas for actually storing the short boxes.

i have seen many rooms that have build in cabinets that hold books, and so on, but I need ideas for actually storing the short boxes. Thanks guys.

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Not ready for pics of the entire mancave yet, but here's one wall. This Marvel Universe poster has been hanging up at my parents' lake house for about 20 years. They're planning on doing some redecorating, so I brought a bunch of old dusty posters home this weekend. It seems right to finally have this one back home with me. It has a few pinholes, but all in all it's about as nice as it was when I first got it about 25 years ago. Finding a wall space big enough was a challenge. This one cuts off just a hair off of the bottom, but all in all it works pretty well.

Photo Jun 01, 3 09 59 PM.jpg

I remember wanting that poster! Very cool!!

Well there was sort of a debate going on over in the, "how to display your high dollar books" thread and since this is one of my favorite threads and seeing as I have advocated displaying books and sharing pics of my comic room in the past I wanted to share this pic as well. Just taken today with my iphone. This is a picture of my, "ComicSlabWall" where 36 slabs currently sit. This is what the room looks like when I am not in there. REAL PHOTO!!

34256421474_fa00f6ca99_b.jpg

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Well there was sort of a debate going on over in the, "how to display your high dollar books" thread and since this is one of my favorite threads and seeing as I have advocated displaying books and sharing pics of my comic room in the past I wanted to share this pic as well. Just taken today with my iphone. This is a picture of my, "ComicSlabWall" where 36 slabs currently sit. This is what the room looks like when I am not in there. REAL PHOTO!!

34256421474_fa00f6ca99_b.jpg

1 hour ago, 1webslinger said:

You forgot to use the flash lol

Glad I'm not the only one who just sees a big black box!

1 hour ago, 1webslinger said:

You forgot to use the flash lol

I would imagine you are being sarcastic but just in case you aren't that is the point. It's just as dark in there 99% of the time so what's the difference if the books are stored in a box buried 10 feet below the surface of the Earths crust or displayed in a dark climate controlled room with the lights only turned on occasionally when I stop in there to admire them?!! Most folks in this thread will agree as it's a comicroom thread but i have heard this debate about displaying books so many times since I joined the boards and I just had the sudden urge to post this relatively silly pic ?

25 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Oh I read it. A better question would have been did you understand the post?" because I didn't. After reading the follow up, I do.

Understandable it was something brought up in another thread and i migrated it over here so my bad. I have just seen SO many folks that are against displaying books and whenever someone posts a cool display inevitably someone will follow up with, "what about the light? what about the light? what about the light? you need to bury your books in the ground and aerate the lawn in order to let them breathe!!"  ? Ok may be exaggerating a bit there i was just defending all of us comicbook room folks out there who display books so we can finally put this argument to bed once and for all :foryou: