• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,295 posts in this topic

Thanks dude! Picked it up for $50 on one of those phone classified apps like LetGo or OfferUp or something. I need to take a new picture of the bookshelf in the room, cause I just realized that's an old one & I can't seem to find a more recent one. Cause I've changed that a good bit too.

Edited by Doktor

3 minutes ago, Doktor said:

Thanks dude! Picked it up for $50 on one of those phone classified apps like LetGo or OfferUp or something. I need to take a new picture of the bookshelf in the room, cause I just realized that's an old one & I can't seem to find a more recent one. Cause I've changed that a good bit too.

That's a great deal for $50!  Nice work!

Just now, DocHoppus182 said:

That's a great deal for $50!  Nice work!

Yeah. In fairness, the base was a little filthy & rusted around the lip, so I did sand it all down to bare metal, prime & respray the whole base & center posts in a matte black. And I cleaned up the support disc & bearing ring that the rack mounts on in order to get rid of most of the squeak. As nice of a nostalgia reminder that is, it got super annoying after about 20 minutes once I got it now.

Awesome @Doktor :) I noticed in the 4th picture from the bottom that you have a box with Deadpool on the side, lol I have the same Deadpool figure, unless you found one with the mask off ha. Anyway I have mine unopened and on a shelf as well :headbang:

57 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Great room @Doktor That dining room table is pretty cool and I dig all the X-men stuff!

Yeah. the Dining room table was one I picked up to replace a simple round one that wasn't big enough & after repainting the frame & legs, the roomie decided that an X-Men table was necessary. It's 100% X-Men.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome @Doktor :) I noticed in the 4th picture from the bottom that you have a box with Deadpool on the side, lol I have the same Deadpool figure, unless you found one with the mask off ha. Anyway I have mine unopened and on a shelf as well :headbang:

Nope. Not the maskless one. Just the normal Select figure. I also got the whole Marvel Legends X-Men build-a-figure Juggernaut set also hanging on that board.

So I finally have a comic room. It is a small 2nd bedroom.  I want to do more with it. Shelving for the boxes and wall shelves maybe. But when I have the money to do it.  The room is a little cluttered but wanted to share anyways.  I am trying to limit to just this room but finding that difficult lol. 20171111_204848.thumb.jpg.c5f5a4c9f0edcf736c3d8674e43bd19e.jpg20171111_204848.thumb.jpg.c5f5a4c9f0edcf736c3d8674e43bd19e.jpg

20171111_204932.jpg

4 hours ago, NamesJay said:

I'm working on a video shortly covering the "tour" of my comic room(s) -- here's a quick shot of my statue display case updated with some cool wireless LED lights:

bookcase.jpg

INSANELY COOL!