• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2017 at 7:10 PM, Captain Canuck said:

You could put the comics in baskets, more aesthetically pleasing. IMG_6769.JPG.c95fed711595cc9060b7f03f19893646.JPG

My wife went on the basket kick, and cleaned Goodwill out of all theirs.  They are everywhere in the house.  Thank god she hasn't thought of that in relation to my comics....., yet. :eek:

6 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Os that crime suspense framed art - a poster? Or is it the actual art? 

Btw -Love all the old frames !

That is an original watercolor by Marie Severin used by Cochran for his EC hardcover reprints. 

1 hour ago, Canadiancomics said:

Hey everyone, Just joined the CGC forums recently and found this board and thought Id show my current display. Been moving stuff around a lot but finally have everything where I want, and the pinball machine just brings everything alive.

Display some of my original art and autographs in my cabinets as well as beside my spiderman pinball machine. As you can probably tell, Im a BIG spiderman fan, other than orignal art, I only collect spiderman collectibles. The other side of the room is my mailing desk and a shelf where I display posters, autographs, as well as my CGC comic collection, might post a pic of that soon. Let me know what suggestions you have!    

Your right the Pinball is a nice touch ;)and it works lol 

Love me some spidey. The AF 15 is a welcomed sight as well

Love the pinball machine - adds so much character and "electricity" to the displays.

Are those books typically displayed ON the machine though? Terrific set of books, but hope they're placed there just for the pics. They get lost/distract a bit being on the machine, IMO.

Very nice setup though :cool:

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, Canadiancomics said:

Hey everyone, Just joined the CGC forums recently and found this board and thought Id show my current display. Been moving stuff around a lot but finally have everything where I want, and the pinball machine just brings everything alive.58e92523343b2_unnamed(3).jpg.0a7354bf53906deb536d0087ca0be36a.jpg58e92532eef95_unnamed(4).jpg.5a651028194ebf0bb93880c1208984b5.jpg

Display some of my original art and autographs in my cabinets as well as beside my spiderman pinball machine. As you can probably tell, Im a BIG spiderman fan, other than orignal art, I only collect spiderman collectibles. The other side of the room is my mailing desk and a shelf where I display posters, autographs, as well as my CGC comic collection, might post a pic of that soon. Let me know what suggestions you have!    

Do you need a lodger? :cloud9:

20 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Love the pinball machine - adds so much character and "electricity" to the displays.

Are those books typically displayed ON the machine though? Terrific set of books, but hope they're placed there just for the pics. They get lost/distract a bit being on the machine, IMO.

Very nice setup though :cool:

Thanks for the compliment, they are usually displayed there, tried to make a John Romita themed display on that side of the room, but have been thinking whether I should take them down. Just wish I had space to display all my silver age spidey keys:/ Oringinal art has been taking up all my space 

3 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

Hey everyone, Just joined the CGC forums recently and found this board and thought Id show my current display. Been moving stuff around a lot but finally have everything where I want, and the pinball machine just brings everything alive.58e92523343b2_unnamed(3).jpg.0a7354bf53906deb536d0087ca0be36a.jpg58e92532eef95_unnamed(4).jpg.5a651028194ebf0bb93880c1208984b5.jpg

gorgeous.but where are the Canadian comics?

On 4/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, Canadiancomics said:

Thanks for the compliment, they are usually displayed there, tried to make a John Romita themed display on that side of the room, but have been thinking whether I should take them down. Just wish I had space to display all my silver age spidey keys:/ Oringinal art has been taking up all my space 

Are those LED lights inside the display cabinets the stick-on variety?  I've got some IKEA Detolf's for my mini-bust collection and am looking for something like that.

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

Are those LED lights inside the display cabinets the stick-on variety?  I've got some IKEA Detolf's for my mini-bust collection and am looking for something like that.

do those use batteries? or are they disposable, meaning do you use them once and throw away/buy new ones? or how long do such a thing last....?