• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Why do you have a Hobbit door?:bigsmile:

Is it because you have a nasty Hobbit of knocking into it?:bigsmile:

I married an amazing decorator. My wife came up with the idea for the medieval look through on the door. And that is a full size door. It's just a giant axe and shield. 

Edited by wombat

2 hours ago, wombat said:

So I'm starting to think differently about my work table. There really is a lot of space in the middle of the room. From the wall with the axe to the opposite back wall is over 12 feet. Maybe a bistro type table would work best. That is the height I want and can put my comic boxes underneath. What do you guys think?

IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

That is a nice sized room and I really like the layout so far. Can you put a table in that space and take a pic just to see what it would look like?

3 hours ago, wombat said:

So I'm starting to think differently about my work table. There really is a lot of space in the middle of the room. From the wall with the axe to the opposite back wall is over 12 feet. Maybe a bistro type table would work best. That is the height I want and can put my comic boxes underneath. What do you guys think?

IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

So much Frazetta goodness in that room.:cloud9:

Here is what a table would look like in that space. What I'm looking at would be about this size, but higher (about 36 inches) and a bit wider. It would fit two short boxes back to back underneath. That would give me plenty of storage for what I have if I double stack it. 

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

34 minutes ago, wombat said:

Here is what a table would look like in that space. What I'm looking at would be about this size, but higher (about 36 inches) and a bit wider. It would fit two short boxes back to back underneath. That would give me plenty of storage for what I have if I double stack it. 

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

I like it. Gives you a nice work area and creates interesting storage opportunities and breaks up the negative space nicely. Plus you still have plenty of room to walk around all sides.