Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
75 75

9,066 posts in this topic

1,118 posts
5 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

lol i think this should be the final update...I truly have no more room.

20190621_152442.jpg

Great idea turning the filing cabinet for more room! What about adding a few in that space to the right of the cabinet? I guess maybe you wouldn't be able to open the drawer without impacting the books if they were there? Anyways I love the whole setup!

1,118 posts

Ok there's s couple more frames I have left. One (the smaller frame) would go right above the venom frame the other where the secret wars poster is. I'll move the secret wars where asm 306 is then move the 306 somewhere? Maybe under the asm 1?... never enough room :taptaptap: 

Unfortunately the positioning of the lamp messes with the lighting but it's the best I could do for time being

20190623_004355.jpg

20190623_004110.jpg

20190623_001229.jpg

8,116 posts

Well lol

With all the hoopla of this thread recently, awesome collection by the way, I decided to build a stand for my glass cabinet...

It doesn't really "do anything different", other than allow me to see it from further away as in its new space is kinda hidden... if that makes any sense 

20190623_140008.jpg

20190623_135912.jpg

20190623_135928.jpg

20190623_135846.jpg

450 posts

On 6/21/2019 at 3:36 PM, Krishosein said:

sometimes slower than usual, but they last 3-7 years; and can get a yellowing or stickiness to it or get wavy like the ones I see in the picture

Thank you for the advice....

I inherited the collection from The Grandfather, Not My dad....

and I cant tell you how much you are right when it comes to The Yellowing and stickiness...

85% of the collection I inherited was silver age and bronze DC and Marvel....but there were some kinda not so popular titles like "Star Trek", "The Thing", "Marvel Triple Action"....stuff like that.

I'm entirely convinced My grandfather hadnt even opened the boxes of These titles in 35+ years....He stopped Buying and added to his collection in The Late 80s....from then until 2013 when he died, He simply owned and stored his collection....But When I inherited the collection and went through it, I could tell The Important and Major titles had Newer bags and backers that he updated at some point....But On some of The not so important titles...I'm convinced The bags and backers were on there since The Late 80s....as you said The were extremely yellow and sticky...especially where The tape was on The flap, the tape had almost turned to goo....luckily as far as I can see Literally no damage was done to any of the books....but I actually took pictures of the Bags because I'm convinced These are the bags he bought in the late 80's, put them on The comics and Literally had not opened or touched the books since....They still had 1980s prices on them where he looked them up in the price guide and put a sticker on the back with their 1980s value.....

450 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I guess maybe you wouldn't be able to open the drawer without impacting the books if they were there? Anyways I love the whole setup!

Ya The reason I didnt put any row there was because I was afraid I might hit the comics when I pulled the drawers out....

but I did some checking and realized It would be ok so I went ahead and added some just as you suggested.

20190623_232015.jpg

20190623_232024.jpg