• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Well the real question is whether those mega keys in the upper right corner of the photo (ASM #1, JIM #83, Avengers #4) are real or facsimiles.  But you're right, I see plenty of other nice keys as well (Iron Man #55, MSH #18, X-Men #94, etc. etc.).  A candy store for sure!

All real but the Avengers is a GRR.  The display is constantly changing also. BTW Pinella and Nettles were my idols growing up. Was supposed to meet Pinella a couple of years ago, but he cancelled last minute. Heard he is not in the greatest health.

1 minute ago, Wipple said:

snooping this weekend yielded some exciting finds..The MM variant i had no idea i had and the other 3 were randomly waiting for me to re-discover.

mm variant.jpg

pp64.jpg

ff55.jpg

asm 300.jpg

@Wipple

Dude, I am sure we could spin you around a couple times & tell you to go shopping in your basement & you would find a bunch of gold that you probably forgot you had!

There's lots of comic goodness in those shelves! lol

1 minute ago, Wipple said:

All real but the Avengers is a GRR.  The display is constantly changing also. BTW Pinella and Nettles were my idols growing up. Was supposed to meet Pinella a couple of years ago, but he cancelled last minute. Heard he is not in the greatest health.

"Nettles got me in the bottom of the ninth"! lol

1 hour ago, Wipple said:

Wow, you and me both!  Sweet Lou is my guy -- I'm so sorry to hear his health might be an issue.  I had the back of his baseball card memorized.  As for Nettles, I always played third base on all my company softball teams and always wore #9 for him.  I live in the Boston area and there was always some yutz who would ask me if I was wearing it for some guy named Ted Williams.  Who???

1 hour ago, spreads said:

:whatthe: 

I think in the antique threads someone (1Cool?) posted about falling down shelving while digging for comics!  Don't let that individual in! LOL 

I remember that thread .:whatthe:...the main shelves cost me an arm and a leg from Uline, but worth it. I might have to think more about the wire racks though..

1 hour ago, Wipple said:

I remember that thread .:whatthe:...the main shelves cost me an arm and a leg from Uline, but worth it. I might have to think more about the wire racks though..

Are your boxes all shorts?  How many would you say you have, and is it easy to pull down the ones on the top shelf?  I love the total space you have, it's like a functional warehouse (speaking of which last night I drove past the local Amazon warehouse, it might be the largest industrial/commercial building I've ever seen!).

2 minutes ago, spreads said:

Are your boxes all shorts?  How many would you say you have, and is it easy to pull down the ones on the top shelf?  I love the total space you have, it's like a functional warehouse (speaking of which last night I drove past the local Amazon warehouse, it might be the largest industrial/commercial building I've ever seen!).

I bought the shelves specically deep enough for longs and no overhang. My guess is 90 longs and 50 shorts and a bunch of cgc and magazine boxes. Im 6 ft tall and can reach and slide the boxes up top with minimal issues.  Heard about the amazon warehouses and Carvana building some giant ones as well.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, Wipple said:

I bought the shelves specically deep enough for longs and no overhang. My guess is 90 longs and 50 shorts and a bunch of cgc and magazine boxes. Im 6 ft tall and can reach and slide the boxes up top with minimal issues.  Heard about the amazon warehouses and Carvana building some giant ones as well.

The thought of moving long boxes now give my back a twinge. I went initially for the comic box drawers, but did not find then sturdy enough filling with a mix of silver to modern. so moved over to filing cabinets - and they are the way forward for me. However, I need to decorate my room and the thought of moving the filing cabinets, my back is saying "CALL IN THE MOVERS!" :shy:

On 11/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, Wipple said:

Those look good - I've got them in my basement holding quite a few long boxes.  But if you hearing a snapping sound coming from one of the legs get out of the way!

On 11/6/2020 at 12:07 PM, 1Cool said:

Those look good - I've got them in my basement holding quite a few long boxes.  But if you hearing a snapping sound coming from one of the legs get out of the way!

Unless there's a comic digger in there to shield the load.  ;)

I'm waiting for the day someone posts a pic of a pile of collapsed comic shelving, with a pair of legs sticking out like the Wicked Witch of the East!  

On 11/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah I am down to 2.5 long boxes after cutting down the last few years

On 11/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, Wipple said:

I really have no idea. I’d like to get it down to one short box :insane:

I’m down to 1 short box now. 

It took me 7 years to sell everything down to get to that. 

I like covers too much to cut down on boxes. Even if the comic isn't that good. If the comic is really good, I'll get the hardcover as a reading copy.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

This is about as organized as my comic room ever gets.....

20201108_205840.jpg

20201108_205833.jpg

I see a lot of posters. This reminds me that I need to search for some old vintage comic posters. Crazy number of boxes though. That's like some comic shops number of boxes.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:59 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Thanks guys!  I do putter around in it quite a bit...lol

Here are the other two corners of the room that could not be seen in the other post...

If you look close enough you can see a couple of my coolest acquisitions from this summer....

20201113_224547.jpg

20201113_224522.jpg

Now that is what I call a collection🤪🤪🤪😳😳😷‼️‼️

On 11/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

This is about as organized as my comic room ever gets.....

20201108_205840.jpg

20201108_205833.jpg

Great room, you can tell that's a collector/dealer, there's a lot of work happening in that room.

Anyway, looks like it's getting crowded, and you'll need more room for boxes. I'll run up and take that spinner rack off your hands, help ya out a bit!