• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Absolutely marvelous. It's very stately -- dignified in the best sense of the word.

Thought you'd like it. Isn't Thompson the artist on that fantastic one-shot you have a copy of ... and which I am wondering is the answer to one of BZ's quiz question. You know, the very colorful cover with a frame border of a Native-American on a horse. Could you repost that please?

Thanks Guys - yet another artist you've turned me on to! Thompson's handling of form reminds me of Curt Swan.

Absolutely marvelous. It's very stately -- dignified in the best sense of the word.

Thought you'd like it. Isn't Thompson the artist on that fantastic one-shot you have a copy of ... and which I am wondering is the answer to one of BZ's quiz question. You know, the very colorful cover with a frame border of a Native-American on a horse. Could you repost that please?

I thought you'd never ask! :luhv:

I have 3 different scans of this book and each of them is flawed by not properly registering one or more colors. I love the cover and the story.

FeatureBook16.jpg

I wonder if you are familiar with the british artist Denis McLoughlin?

http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/galleries/annuals/buffalobill.htm

4472989074_346db792eb_z.jpg

bwworkrm.gif

img_A_111275_b5fa985846ed94e1ce6732-1.jpg

img_A_111275_635714726390d9aad5bd9f.jpg

img_A_111275_1f85218fc82b0062a318c9.jpg

img_A_111275_ace3bc8cf0bf1ff7934832.jpg

I'm not familiar with those (or most British publications) but I'll take a look at the link this evening.

Here's more information about Feature Book 16 and Jimmy Thompson. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2186439

Consider it one small favor in return for your many!

I should start looking to pick up some of the comics with his interiors (I just have the one). Do you have any you particularly liked? :popcorn:

I should start looking to pick up some of the comics with his interiors (I just have the one). Do you have any you particularly liked?

I'll take another look at them sometime in the next couple of days to remind myself of each issue's contents.

Offhand I'd recommend Magic Comics over King Comics, but I can be more specific after reviewing them. (thumbs u

I've added an additional clue for each of the comics to make identification easier. :wishluck:

quiz11.jpg

201011_2.jpg

I recognize this one, but can't place it :frustrated:

Me too! It is driving me crazy.