• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

This is only going to appeal to the Burroughs fans.

BurroughsBooksGA14.jpg

:bump:

I still miss hearing more from BZ. Here's hoping you're getting better and better with the passing day.

I bumped this b/c of the other Tarzan threads going on.

:bump:

AllAmerican16GA.jpg

A well-deserved bump to this thread after more than a month, as we are all missing the fantastic postings from BZ. (thumbs u

I distinctly hearing the gasps all over the country when this was posted. We knew it was comming. There was #13, #14, #15...and this!

What's up BZ? Would love to hear from you again here!

Here's a few earlier Detective Comics

DetectiveComics2GA.jpg

(worship)

Hope to see them all graded one day soon.

I don't. What is amazing about this collection is how well they look just sitting in stacks in those funky cleaners bags. We all know they are exceptional basically original owner copies. You just don't see that anymore.

I don't. What is amazing about this collection is how well they look just sitting in stacks in those funky cleaners bags. We all know they are exceptional basically original owner copies. You just don't see that anymore.

Well said. :golfclap:

Agreed. Slabbing them all would just be a prelude to selling and dispersing them. At that point, the magic that is BangZoom's collection would be gone and forgotten. I hope it stays just the way it is for many more years.

Agreed. Slabbing them all would just be a prelude to selling and dispersing them. At that point, the magic that is BangZoom's collection would be gone and forgotten. I hope it stays just the way it is for many more years.

Absolutely. I wish I had heeded Stephen Fishler's advice in 1986 and kept the Windy City collection intact. I had to sell to recoup my nearly $100K I spent on it as I was growing my business, but today that collection should be in a museum for all to enjoy.

What criteria need to be satisfied to make a thread a sticky topic?

Does anyone agree with me that if any topic deserves to join those heading up the forum, it is this one?

It seems to me that it is the very epitome of what the Gold Forum is about, and I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed.

There are also more posts in this thread than all but two others, and it's one of only four with the flame denoting over 1 million posts.

We haven't seen a post from BZ himself since March 2016, and I know we all think of him.

Anyone care to weigh in?

What criteria need to be satisfied to make a thread a sticky topic?

Does anyone agree with me that if any topic deserves to join those heading up the forum, it is this one?

It seems to me that it is the very epitome of what the Gold Forum is about, and I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed.

There are also more posts in this thread than all but two others, and it's one of only four with the flame denoting over 1 million posts.

We haven't seen a post from BZ himself since March 2016, and I know we all think of him.

Anyone care to weigh in?

Makes sense to me that it be stickied.