• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

It looks like everything is there now. And I just had a pm from Bangzoom who is adjusting to the new boards... he seems hale and hearty.

If he finds them slow, disorienting and difficult to navigate -- so do we!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

It's the 21st century and I'm learning to adapt and work around it. I do still play vinyl records, play my guitar through a vintage tube amp and have a motorcycle with a carburator...

Sounds like my house! The newest amp I own was made in 1964

30 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

30 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

My gig amp is a 1963 Twin Reverb. Got rid of that lunky Marshall stack. Got an old tweed Baseman and my practice amp is a '54 Champ. Not strictly a Fender guy, got a late '60's HiWatt that I use once in a while.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

My gig amp is a 1963 Twin Reverb. Got rid of that lunky Marshall stack. Got an old tweed Baseman and my practice amp is a '54 Champ. Not strictly a Fender guy, got a late '60's HiWatt that I use once in a while.

I love my vintage tweed Fender Champ amp. It's a little beast!

5 hours ago, MBFan said:

I see you're a Les Paul aficionado. I own a bunch of guitars, but the Les Paul is my weapon of choice. 

I am indeed, and despite having an absolutely gorgeous 52-59 conversion with all 59 parts, my favorite lately is my well worn 63 strat. For the folks on this board that think comics are expensive, I think we have some stories to tell.

Edited by lpsunburst

My "go to" ax is a 1962 SG Standard. Light weight for gig playing and those hum buckers really pump. I also have a beat to heck '59 Strat that my dad bought me for my 15th birthday in a pawn shop for $150. A lot of money for him then. Means the world to me.

When it comes to paying thousands for something I don't really need, a nice vintage guitar or amp gives me a lot more pleasure than a comic book.

On 6/1/2017 at 9:59 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks Guys. I'll adjust the lighting, grab a drink, and begin my journey through this epic feast.

So, how was the experience?

I read again the first 150 pages or so, no words to describe it

Here's where I reread 'Through the Dragon Glass' every few years, also taking in 'Three Lines of Old French', and 'The Women of the Wood', the last two being his supreme masterworks in the shorter length.

img934.jpg

Edited by Pat Calhoun