• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Much better than having Edgar Church online. ?

BZ = only uber-collector of his time who has the objects and shares some stories and backgrounds. 

And who knows when to take photos (only yesterday I came across the 2-pages-thread with the advertising flyer showing two Centaur books, from the former Geppi museum).

Last not least all in all so inspiring for other - younger - collectors. :whee::foryou:

Edited by Pickie

This thread was a great read for me as well, but I wasn't here as it unfolded: I read it years later just before I joined. Good thing, too, as I probably would've had a breakdown as it unfolded (which I'm sure some nearly did!).

What also makes me nostalgic are some of the boardies that were posting responses in the earliest pages of this thread that sadly don't post anymore, some big-time collectors and fans among them. I hope they'll rejoin us soon, along with BZ!  :wishluck:

Edited by PopKulture

14 hours ago, PopKulture said:

This thread was a great read for me as well, but I wasn't here as it unfolded: I read it years later just before I joined. Good thing, too, as I probably would've had a breakdown as it unfolded (which I'm sure some nearly did!).

What also makes me nostalgic are some of the boardies that were posting responses in the earliest pages of this thread that sadly don't post anymore, some big-time collectors and fans among them. I hope they'll rejoin us soon, along with BZ!  :wishluck:

Page 2 and still here! :preach:

22 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Page 1 and still here. 

And BZ posts on Facebook every so often , so he’s still kicking it large!

I'm glad to hear that. As i mentioned a long long time ago, it was someone linking to this thread that led me to the discovery of forums dedicated to comics. Comics General, the Gold forum, and the Water Cooler are three of my daily lunch time stops.

For awhile I started to think this forum was just recycling old photos (like I've done many times) and really didn't have anything new to offer.  But then, someone posts a book or books I've never seen or writes an amazing story/starts discussion and the place comes back to life.  I'm sure many who have dropped out just thought there was nothing new anymore.  That was their mistake...