• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Dang Bang - VERY impressive.

Is this one collection or something you've accumulated over the years?

Get ready for those "Do you have any books for sale" PM's, if you haven't rec'd them already (...did I send my PM yet?).

STEVE

Here are scans of a few more All-American Comics.

Beginning with number 21, I noticed a vertical line appearing left of center in all the scanned covers. The line isn't actually on the comics so I assume the scanner needs a repair of some sort?

AllAmerican14GA.jpg

Holy Moly! What an incredible 16!

One thing, BZ, try putting something over the comic so the scan doesn't "square off" the sides. Lay a big envelope or comic box lid over the comic so you can actually see the edges and corners.

Thanks again for showing these off!

coolJ,

None of these comics have had any restoration done to them.

Regarding the comics I've posted thus far on these boards. They're all from a large collection purchased in 1973 from a gentleman in Washington, DC. Quite a few were in especially nice condition and that's one of the reasons I decided to share their images.

An interesting side note to the above story was the fact that the seller told me he'd found the entire collection tied in bundles and put out in the trash by a neighbor.

coolJ,

None of these comics have restoration.

I purchased almost all of the books in my collection 30-40 years ago from the original buyers.

I started collecting Golden Age comics in 1963 and advertised extensively in antique publications (Hobbies Magazine, Spinning Wheel, Antique Trader) and in a multitude of other magazines (Linns Stamp News, Numismatic News, Hemmings Motor News, Retirement Magazines, Farm Journals, etc.) to attract potential sellers.

Needless to say, prices were a lot cheaper back then.

Were all those sweet Peps bought back then? Incredible collection by the way! hail.gif

Holy Moly! What an incredible 16!

One thing, BZ, try putting something over the comic so the scan doesn't "square off" the sides. Lay a big envelope or comic box lid over the comic so you can actually see the edges and corners.

Thanks again for showing these off!

A trully amazing set of books, BZ! hail.gif