• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

coolJ,

None of these comics have had any restoration done to them.

Regarding the comics I've posted thus far on these boards. They're all from a large collection purchased in 1973 from a gentleman in Washington, DC. Quite a few were in especially nice condition and that's one of the reasons I decided to share their images.

An interesting side note to the above story was the fact that the seller told me he'd found the entire collection tied in bundles and put out in the trash by a neighbor.

Wow. That's pretty much all that comes to mind. That All-American #16 is stunning, to say nothing of all of the other mind-blowing books you've posted.

You might want to set your scanner so it does not auto-crop the images. Well, actually, you can do whatever you want. *I* want you not to crop them. 27_laughing.gif

Amazing books you've got. hail.gif

Thanks a lot for sharing these incredible books!! So far it sure looks like a candidate for a major pedigree - WOW. This is possibly the most exciting thread I have ever seen!

If you don't mind me asking, were there any Disney books in this collection?

Thanks a lot for sharing these incredible books!! So far it sure looks like a candidate for a major pedigree - WOW. This is possibly the most exciting thread I have ever seen!

If you don't mind me asking, were there any Disney books in this collection?

I'd have to double-check my collection to be absolutely certain, but offhand I don't recall any Disney's in that group.

Yes, based upon the books I have seen so far, this could definitely have the potential for a new GA pedigree.

Especially since all of the books appear to be from an original owner collection, consist of early GA runs including the keys, and appears to be of uniform high grade quality condition. Only question is how large is this collection and what other titles would be included here.

Sure looks a lot better than the Central Valley or Davis Crippen books which were given a full pedigree status.

Unreal! Sweet super hard to find, let alone in grade Action! Cheers and thanks for sharing. Keep them coming, preferable in this thread so I don't have hunt down your scans. Great collection of books, even if you stoped now, which I am sure you wont as you are hopefully addicted to the boards and will post many, many, many more.

Paul

hello all...

wow, as an AA fan, those are some absolutely stunning scans...would love to hear more about the depth of the collection, the titles it encompasses, etc...and, most of all, post those early TECS!

rick

I'd be curious to hear what kind of offers and PM's Bang Zoom had recieved in the last day or so. I'm sure they're mostly in the form of congratulations for having the nicest collection ever seen in recent memory and offers of pure friendship. I'd like to offer some guidance as to the proper storage of MLJ's, which have different needs over other books. Recent studies have shown that the only safe environment for MLJ's is my comic book closet, with it's unique micro climate, perfect for Archie and his superhero buddies.

Hey BangZoom, did you have any early Detective Comics or New Adventure/Adventure Comics in that collection? 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am loving this thread! hail.gif

he did mention early tecs...just waiting for them to appear

rick

Awesome collection, especially the Action 13. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A question for the All-American collectors. I notice one issue is missing in the short run that was posted: #23. I don't think I've ever seen a decent copy of #23 for sale (not that I'm actively looking) Does it seems like this book is much harder to find than surrounding issues?